Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12035&mesg_id=12038
12038, RE: How to get speaker wire through rubber boot in the doors
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LeakyMitsu
Anyone come up with any great ideas on how to get aftermarket speaker wire through the boot/grommet in the doors? i cant even tell where the wires come out?!

It's a bit of a pain in the ass. Not sure if all the model years are like this, but on my 99gs.

Open the door, and pop off the end of the boot connected to the body. Give the sides a pinch and it should go, if not gently use a flat screwdriver to pry it off. Pull the tubing back a little and disconnect the connector.

With the wires disconnected from the connector, go inside the car and look up under the dash, you'll see the door connector body. Unscrew the screws holding it in place and the connector assembly will come out(It's a PITA to get to the screws, very little room)

I just drilled some holes in the dead space of the connector body to feed the speaker wires thru.

Put it all back together and start feeding the wires. It's a pain, but it can be done.
I generated this page in 0.0097730159759521 seconds, executing 6 queries.