Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11931
View in linear mode

Subject: "Remote Keyless Entry..." Previous topic | Next topic
clips3kidFeb-07-06 03:44 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11931, "Remote Keyless Entry..."

i did a few searches on remote keyless entry and stock alarm systems but all i could find was people wanting to reinstate the factory alarm system.

I lost my remote in my school's parking lot. The day i lost it (today) i went crazy, ditched school and ran all over the lot trying to find it retracing all my steps. I had circuit city install an aftermarket system in my car so i can at least get into my car considering the locks on my doors are busted. (got sick and tired of using the key to open the trunk, grab an umbrella, and hitting the lock button) but now someone might have my remote! yet it will still work. so i need to remove the remote keyless entry from the stock GS.

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

EclipseTenzoRFeb-07-06 05:39 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11932, "RE: Remote Keyless Entry..."
In response to Reply # 0

If this is the stock alarm, or even aftermarket alarm just pull the fuse.. Problem solved

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

clips3kidFeb-08-06 04:54 AM
178 posts,
#11934, "RE: Remote Keyless Entry..."
In response to Reply # 1

i need to remove the factory remote keyless entry, is that on the factory alarm unit? If so i understand i can just pull the fuse, but i would like to ensure my old remote will no longer work.

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

gramozekaFeb-08-06 01:09 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#11935, "RE: Remote Keyless Entry..."
In response to Reply # 2

do u have a spare remote... if you do there is got to be a way to reprogram your alarm for another remote and cencel out the one you lost. There has been a official repair manual floating around here I think I remember reading a procedure to program new remote. this way u can keep ur stock alarm and the one u just got

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

clips3kidFeb-08-06 04:09 PM
178 posts,
#11937, "RE: Remote Keyless Entry..."
In response to Reply # 3

i have nothing for the stock entry system... all remotes are gone, i have aftermarket remotes now, and a key. I have the original manual incase that helps at all, i do not believe theres a way to disable it in there, however. i might ask mitsubishi tommorow... just tell them not to touch it so i dont gotta pay them.

InFiNiT3Feb-10-06 05:31 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#11948, "RE: Remote Keyless Entry..."
In response to Reply # 4

the dealer can prog some new fabs for ya ... when they add (2) new ones... the old ones will no longer work.

same thing happen'd to me when i was in hs (long ago) had sooooooo much shit stolen

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11931 Previous topic | Next topic