Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRemote Keyless Entry...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11931
11931, Remote Keyless Entry...
Posted by clips3kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i did a few searches on remote keyless entry and stock alarm systems but all i could find was people wanting to reinstate the factory alarm system.

I lost my remote in my school's parking lot. The day i lost it (today) i went crazy, ditched school and ran all over the lot trying to find it retracing all my steps. I had circuit city install an aftermarket system in my car so i can at least get into my car considering the locks on my doors are busted. (got sick and tired of using the key to open the trunk, grab an umbrella, and hitting the lock button) but now someone might have my remote! yet it will still work. so i need to remove the remote keyless entry from the stock GS.
11932, RE: Remote Keyless Entry...
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If this is the stock alarm, or even aftermarket alarm just pull the fuse.. Problem solved
11934, RE: Remote Keyless Entry...
i need to remove the factory remote keyless entry, is that on the factory alarm unit? If so i understand i can just pull the fuse, but i would like to ensure my old remote will no longer work.
11935, RE: Remote Keyless Entry...
Posted by gramozeka, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do u have a spare remote... if you do there is got to be a way to reprogram your alarm for another remote and cencel out the one you lost. There has been a official repair manual floating around here I think I remember reading a procedure to program new remote. this way u can keep ur stock alarm and the one u just got
11937, RE: Remote Keyless Entry...
i have nothing for the stock entry system... all remotes are gone, i have aftermarket remotes now, and a key. I have the original manual incase that helps at all, i do not believe theres a way to disable it in there, however. i might ask mitsubishi tommorow... just tell them not to touch it so i dont gotta pay them.
11948, RE: Remote Keyless Entry...
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the dealer can prog some new fabs for ya ... when they add (2) new ones... the old ones will no longer work.

same thing happen'd to me when i was in hs (long ago) had sooooooo much shit stolen

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)
I generated this page in 0.010008096694946 seconds, executing 7 queries.