Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11878
View in linear mode

Subject: "XM radio" Previous topic | Next topic
96rs-tJan-19-06 01:23 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11878, "XM radio"
Jan-19-06 01:41 PM by 96rs-t

which xm radio unit out there is good? i'm in the market for one, and been looking at the Delphi skyfi 2 on ebay, but just judging it on it's zexy look. Are they all just the same with less/more buttons?

edit: anyone got pics of where you installed it. looking to make a clean install rather than setting it on the vent.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: XM radio, VOTBLINDUB, Jan-20-06 08:49 AM, #1
RE: XM radio, boosted60trimrst, Jan-20-06 01:36 PM, #2
      RE: XM radio, MCubed45, Jan-20-06 08:51 PM, #3
           RE: XM radio, boosted60trimrst, Jan-20-06 09:33 PM, #4
                RE: XM radio, 96rs-t, Jan-20-06 09:46 PM, #5
                     RE: XM radio, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-20-06 10:03 PM, #6
                          RE: XM radio, 96rs-t, Jan-21-06 12:40 AM, #7
                          RE: XM radio, MCubed45, Jan-21-06 07:34 AM, #8
                          RE: XM radio, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-22-06 09:08 AM, #9
                               RE: XM radio, gramozeka, Jan-31-06 11:04 AM, #10
                          RE: XM radio, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-22-06 07:56 AM, #11
                               RE: XM radio, EclipseTenzoR, Feb-25-06 12:41 PM, #12

VOTBLINDUBJan-20-06 08:49 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11882, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 0

alpine i think accepts that.

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

boosted60trimrstJan-20-06 01:36 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#11883, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 1

i got a xm receiver that hooks up to a pioneer radio for 65 . if u want it let me know .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

MCubed45Jan-20-06 08:51 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11884, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 2

cleanest install would be to just get a deck that's "satellite ready". then your regular display is used. no extra screen to mount. you'd prolly end up paying only a little more anyways and end up with a new deck and nice clean install. i'd have already done this if we could get satellite radio here...

-marc

boosted60trimrstJan-20-06 09:33 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#11885, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 3

thats exactly what im sellin . you can put the receiver in the trunk and this way you can read it on the radios display

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

96rs-tJan-20-06 09:46 PM
2203 posts,
#11886, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
thats exactly what im sellin . you can put the receiver in the trunk and this way you can read it on the radios display

would you be able to send me a pic of your xm unit? if so, send it to habits909@hotmail.com , and how much are you asking? thank.s

SoCal DSM

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-20-06 10:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#11887, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 5

Fuck a bunch of XM. If you get *ANYTHING*, get Sirius. XM is the "OMG my mom loves this weeping penis pansy ass conservative shitcock of a radio service provider!" of satelite radio. Sirius is so much more - edgier, less concerned with the opinion of the stupid fuckballing shitcock that might be your (or my) mom, more concerned with providing 158 channels of true niche entertainment, which is whuy i fucking bought it. it's so fucking good, even my mom can find shit to listen to that isn't the soul denigrading money whore crap that gets passed off on XM as musical entertainment.

XM is the ClearChannel of satellite radio providers.

Sirius is the happy underdog, ready to give you everyting they can't, because XM is too much of a conservative money whore to stray outside the line.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

96rs-tJan-21-06 12:40 AM
2203 posts,
#11888, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DarkOne
Fuck a bunch of XM. If you get *ANYTHING*, get Sirius. XM is the "OMG my mom loves this weeping penis pansy ass conservative shitcock of a radio service provider!" of satelite radio. Sirius is so much more - edgier, less concerned with the opinion of the stupid fuckballing shitcock that might be your (or my) mom, more concerned with providing 158 channels of true niche entertainment, which is whuy i fucking bought it. it's so fucking good, even my mom can find shit to listen to that isn't the soul denigrading money whore crap that gets passed off on XM as musical entertainment. XM is the ClearChannel of satellite radio providers. Sirius is the happy underdog, ready to give you everyting they can't, because XM is too much of a conservative money whore to stray outside the line.

lol holy crap, bring on sirius. thanks for the info.

SoCal DSM

MCubed45Jan-21-06 07:34 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11889, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 6

Fuck a bunch of XM. If you get *ANYTHING*, get Sirius. XM is the "OMG my mom loves this weeping penis pansy ass conservative shitcock of a radio service provider!" of satelite radio. Sirius is so much more - edgier, less concerned with the opinion of the stupid fuckballing shitcock that might be your (or my) mom, more concerned with providing 158 channels of true niche entertainment, which is whuy i fucking bought it. it's so fucking good, even my mom can find shit to listen to that isn't the soul denigrading money whore crap that gets passed off on XM as musical entertainment. XM is the ClearChannel of satellite radio providers. Sirius is the happy underdog, ready to give you everyting they can't, because XM is too much of a conservative money whore to stray outside the line.

bwahahahaha

yea i think i'd prolly go with sirius if we could get them here.

sirius has howard stern now too. sirius is a smaller company and got in the market about a year after xm but they've repeatedly taken what xm's doing and done it better.

-marc

95_ESi_PersonJan-22-06 09:08 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#11890, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 8

Alpine makes XM ready head units if you were wondering.

My next vehicle will have Sirius in it... of course with the gay ass box thing.

gramozekaJan-31-06 11:04 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#11919, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 9

Too late probobly but I want to wait for HD radio. It will be free. Radio is suppose to be free.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-22-06 07:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#12017, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 6

I agree with Dino. I've had XM in the past and just recently switched over to Sirius. I have no regrets what so ever. Sirius is better IMO.

EclipseTenzoRFeb-25-06 12:41 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#12033, "RE: XM radio"
In response to Reply # 11

Hate to say it but I'll be switching to siruis pretty soon also, I don't know how xm is managing to fuck up as bad as they are. It's not really that hard to create decent playlists. With the money they make they can easily pay or even find people who are really up on music for the certain genres they provide.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11878 Previous topic | Next topic