Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11454
View in linear mode

Subject: "Best deck installation kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
MattitudeV1Aug-26-05 04:05 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
120 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11454, "Best deck installation kit?"

I'm replacing my deck and would like to know the best installation mounting kit to buy. I want one that has the pocket below the CD player.

I looked on Crutchfield and the site only had one without a pocket. Circuit City has a cheesy plastic one that got bad reviews. And Best Buy's site doesn't show a picture of the product so I can't tell.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

EclipseTenzoRAug-26-05 10:42 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11455, "RE: Best deck installation kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

I am assuming you had a double din headunit stock. Why don't you just post a wtb in the sales/wanted section and see if someone is parting the factory bracket with pocket out.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPL_EclipseAug-27-05 04:04 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11457, "RE: Best deck installation kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
I am assuming you had a double din headunit stock. Why don't you just post a wtb in the sales/wanted section and see if someone is parting the factory bracket with pocket out.

x2

as far as i can tell, there plainly isnt a good quality aftermarket install kit.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

96eclipse2nrAug-27-05 12:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#11460, "RE: Best deck installation kit?"
In response to Reply # 2

you dont even need an "install" kit in our cars. they are perfectly sized DIN slots. just get a stocker tray, and it will all bolt right into the existing radio brackets. and there are like 2-3 parts cars in the FS/WTB section right now

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

MattitudeV1Aug-28-05 02:47 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
120 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11461, "RE: Best deck installation kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

Good call, I do need to buy a wiring harness to connect an aftermarket deck, right?

VOTBLINDUBSep-01-05 12:00 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11471, "RE: Best deck installation kit?"
In response to Reply # 4

sometimes, or u can just connect the corresponding wires and ur set

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11454 Previous topic | Next topic