Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectBest deck installation kit?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11454
11454, Best deck installation kit?
Posted by MattitudeV1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm replacing my deck and would like to know the best installation mounting kit to buy. I want one that has the pocket below the CD player.

I looked on Crutchfield and the site only had one without a pocket. Circuit City has a cheesy plastic one that got bad reviews. And Best Buy's site doesn't show a picture of the product so I can't tell.
11455, RE: Best deck installation kit?
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am assuming you had a double din headunit stock. Why don't you just post a wtb in the sales/wanted section and see if someone is parting the factory bracket with pocket out.
11457, RE: Best deck installation kit?
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
I am assuming you had a double din headunit stock. Why don't you just post a wtb in the sales/wanted section and see if someone is parting the factory bracket with pocket out.

x2

as far as i can tell, there plainly isnt a good quality aftermarket install kit.
11460, RE: Best deck installation kit?
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you dont even need an "install" kit in our cars. they are perfectly sized DIN slots. just get a stocker tray, and it will all bolt right into the existing radio brackets. and there are like 2-3 parts cars in the FS/WTB section right now
11461, RE: Best deck installation kit?
Posted by MattitudeV1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good call, I do need to buy a wiring harness to connect an aftermarket deck, right?
11471, RE: Best deck installation kit?
Posted by VOTBLINDUB, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sometimes, or u can just connect the corresponding wires and ur set
I generated this page in 0.0079848766326904 seconds, executing 7 queries.