Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11336
View in linear mode

Subject: "Quick ? ASAP please!!" Previous topic | Next topic
96rs-tJul-27-05 01:20 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11336, "Quick ? ASAP please!!"

ok, i'm in the process of hooking up my alarm. Just one question on the ignition harness. Which red/black wire is the starter wire? is it the thicker black/red one on the bigger harness with the blue/white connector or is it the thinner black/red wire on the smaller harness that's attatched through a white only connector. thanks. I know it's a black/red wire, but there are two, and i need to know which one. tia.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-27-05 04:57 PM, #1
RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!, 96rs-t, Jul-27-05 05:10 PM, #2
      RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!, SPL_Eclipse, Jul-27-05 08:07 PM, #3
           RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!, 96rs-t, Jul-27-05 10:26 PM, #4
                RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!, MCubed45, Jul-28-05 12:50 PM, #5
                     RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!, 96rs-t, Jul-28-05 05:10 PM, #6

TeamXtremeRSJul-27-05 04:57 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11337, "RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Go to the thicker one on the key side of that white connector. Both will work, but i like to go to the thicker gauge wire anyway.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96rs-tJul-27-05 05:10 PM
2203 posts,
#11338, "RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-27-05 05:17 PM by 96rs-t

thanks a lot, this is the final wire of my hookup, now i just need to run the door lock actuator wires from the door to the inside.. (not looking forward to this). Hmm, my thin red/black one is the one right next to the key. My thick one is the one behind the whole key assembly, but i guess i'll stick to the thick one. Thanks again, points for you

SoCal DSM

SPL_EclipseJul-27-05 08:07 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11339, "RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!"
In response to Reply # 2

jsut to back that up...it should be the thick one. i think its 12-14 gauge wire.

as for running wires through the door, its almost impossible, as we have a solid block of rubber in the grommet.i would suggest "fishing" wires through by taping an existing wire connection to a coat hanger and using that to pull the new wires through, then "re-fishing" the initial wire back through. good luck...i just cut a small slit in the wire loom and ran the wires around the blockage, then sealed everything with electrical tape.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

96rs-tJul-27-05 10:26 PM
2203 posts,
#11340, "RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-27-05 10:26 PM by 96rs-t

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
jsut to back that up...it should be the thick one. i think its 12-14 gauge wire. as for running wires through the door, its almost impossible, as we have a solid block of rubber in the grommet.i would suggest "fishing" wires through by taping an existing wire connection to a coat hanger and using that to pull the new wires through, then "re-fishing" the initial wire back through. good luck...i just cut a small slit in the wire loom and ran the wires around the blockage, then sealed everything with electrical tape.

Yea, i think i'll do the same thing. I'll just run the wires outside the blockage and seal it up with lots of electrical tape

SoCal DSM

MCubed45Jul-28-05 12:50 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11343, "RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 96rs-t
Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse jsut to back that up...it should be the thick one. i think its 12-14 gauge wire. as for running wires through the door, its almost impossible, as we have a solid block of rubber in the grommet.i would suggest "fishing" wires through by taping an existing wire connection to a coat hanger and using that to pull the new wires through, then "re-fishing" the initial wire back through. good luck...i just cut a small slit in the wire loom and ran the wires around the blockage, then sealed everything with electrical tape.
Yea, i think i'll do the same thing. I'll just run the wires outside the blockage and seal it up with lots of electrical tape

i just fished mine through with a thick piece of wire. that's the harest part of installing stuff in your doors IMO. i'd prefer to not have my rubber things covered in tape as they're pretty visible when you open the doors. but that's just me

-marc

96rs-tJul-28-05 05:10 PM
2203 posts,
#11344, "RE: Quick ? ASAP please!!"
In response to Reply # 5

^^^^I totally agree. I ended up just taking off my doors and running the wires through the rubber hose, so it looks nice and clean.

SoCal DSM

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11336 Previous topic | Next topic