Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1117
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anti theft system and aftermarket head unit" Previous topic | Next topic
BlackOZJan-10-02 06:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
213 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1117, "Anti theft system and aftermarket head unit"

Sorry if this is obvious info, but know nothing about these systems. I wasn't able to find anything with the search either.

I know there is some sort of adapter I need to get so I can use an aftermarket head unit and not freak out the anti theft system right? Where does it go? How much is it? Thanks!

14.2@98.5
4g63
FP Big28
Hallman MBC
1g Bov
HKS Hiper Catback
OBX highflow cat
DSMlink

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-10-02 07:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1118, "RE: Anti theft system and aftermarket head unit"
In response to Reply # 0

Heh, you lost me. If you talking about the anti-theft system for the stock radio. No worries, as it is just a crappy enter a code after the head unit has been disconnected for x amount of time.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJan-10-02 11:19 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1119, "RE: Anti theft system and aftermarket head unit"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not 100% sure, but to my knowledge, removing the stock radio should not give the car's factory alarm any problems. I do know of several cars(esp GM's) when you take out the factory radio, the car wont start, and alarm problems too. But i don't think you have anything to worry about. The stock radio has its own security, so if its stolen, it needs a entry code to power on. You should be ok to replace the stock radio with aftermarket.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1117 Previous topic | Next topic