Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectAnti theft system and aftermarket head unit
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=1117
1117, Anti theft system and aftermarket head unit
Posted by BlackOZ, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry if this is obvious info, but know nothing about these systems. I wasn't able to find anything with the search either.

I know there is some sort of adapter I need to get so I can use an aftermarket head unit and not freak out the anti theft system right? Where does it go? How much is it? Thanks!

1118, RE: Anti theft system and aftermarket head unit
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Heh, you lost me. If you talking about the anti-theft system for the stock radio. No worries, as it is just a crappy enter a code after the head unit has been disconnected for x amount of time.
1119, RE: Anti theft system and aftermarket head unit
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but to my knowledge, removing the stock radio should not give the car's factory alarm any problems. I do know of several cars(esp GM's) when you take out the factory radio, the car wont start, and alarm problems too. But i don't think you have anything to worry about. The stock radio has its own security, so if its stolen, it needs a entry code to power on. You should be ok to replace the stock radio with aftermarket.
I generated this page in 0.0092840194702148 seconds, executing 7 queries.