Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1115
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alarm Wiring Question" Previous topic | Next topic
TheEclipticEpicJan-09-02 02:02 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1115, "Alarm Wiring Question"

Hey I installed a crimeguard 745i3 alarm in my Eclipse and recently a friend of mine gave me an extra siren. I tried wiring the siren directly with the one I already had and just grounding it but it wont chirp like its supposed to. Now tneither siren works until the alarm is triggered. I was thinking that I may need a relay to help power the second siren but does anyone know how to wire two or more sirens to an alram? Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSJan-09-02 03:07 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1116, "RE: Alarm Wiring Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Well you need to know what kind of trigger your alarm is, or what polarity the alarm is putting out to the siren. Most alarm systems use a positive wire that goes to the siren, and then just ground the neg wire of the siren, but some alarm systems use a neg wire that comes from the alarm. To be safe when using 2 sirens with an alarm, you should use a relay. Get any 12volt SPDT relay. Assuming you have a positive signal coming from the alarm system: Pin #85 on relay-hook up to the positive 12v siren signal from the alarm. Pin# 86-hook this to ground. Pin# 87-hook up to battery or any high current 12 volt constant source. Pin# 30-hook this up to the pos lead of the siren, and just ground the siren's neg to ground. hope this helps, any more q's, just speak up

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1115 Previous topic | Next topic