Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectAlarm Wiring Question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=1115
1115, Alarm Wiring Question
Posted by TheEclipticEpic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey I installed a crimeguard 745i3 alarm in my Eclipse and recently a friend of mine gave me an extra siren. I tried wiring the siren directly with the one I already had and just grounding it but it wont chirp like its supposed to. Now tneither siren works until the alarm is triggered. I was thinking that I may need a relay to help power the second siren but does anyone know how to wire two or more sirens to an alram? Thanks in advance.
1116, RE: Alarm Wiring Question
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well you need to know what kind of trigger your alarm is, or what polarity the alarm is putting out to the siren. Most alarm systems use a positive wire that goes to the siren, and then just ground the neg wire of the siren, but some alarm systems use a neg wire that comes from the alarm. To be safe when using 2 sirens with an alarm, you should use a relay. Get any 12volt SPDT relay. Assuming you have a positive signal coming from the alarm system: Pin #85 on relay-hook up to the positive 12v siren signal from the alarm. Pin# 86-hook this to ground. Pin# 87-hook up to battery or any high current 12 volt constant source. Pin# 30-hook this up to the pos lead of the siren, and just ground the siren's neg to ground. hope this helps, any more q's, just speak up
I generated this page in 0.0074989795684814 seconds, executing 7 queries.