Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1106
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear seat enclosure" Previous topic | Next topic
92redmanJan-07-02 11:47 AM
Member since Jan 05th 2002
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1106, "Rear seat enclosure"

I've got my back seats out now and I possibly looking to build a custom encloser to replace the seats with 10" sub 2 amps and maybe a cd changer. If anyone who has an enclosure in place of your rear seats could send me some pics and/or tips on designing or construction of such an enclosure, it would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Rear seat enclosure, vegasdsmr, Jan-07-02 05:48 PM, #1
RE: Rear seat enclosure, flashed gs, Jan-07-02 10:56 PM, #2
      RE: Rear seat enclosure, flashed gs, Jan-08-02 02:50 AM, #3
           RE: Rear seat enclosure, brynden29, Jan-08-02 03:02 AM, #4
                RE: Rear seat enclosure, flashed gs, Jan-08-02 04:42 AM, #5
                     RE: Rear seat enclosure, brynden29, Jan-08-02 05:13 AM, #6
                          RE: Rear seat enclosure, flashed gs, Jan-08-02 05:38 AM, #7
                               RE: Rear seat enclosure, brynden29, Jan-08-02 07:59 AM, #8

vegasdsmrJan-07-02 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1107, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 0

sup mayng, i was at a cusomt stereo place today, and they quoted me between 500 and 800 do do a fiberglass enclosure in the backseat area.

no pics here, but id like to see a setup like the one we are talkin bout

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

flashed gsJan-07-02 10:56 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2002
32 posts,
#1108, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 1

why replace the back seats with 2 amps and a 10"? I have 2 amps and a dual 12 jl 2w3 H.O box in my hatch, and if i knew how to post pics in here i'd show you my set up. This pics here is alot different than the machv board. Someone tell me how to post pics here. They are all on the net and this is the only place i have problems posting. Anyways im new here.

flashed gsJan-08-02 02:50 AM
32 posts,
#1109, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 2

heres my setup in my hatch

brynden29Jan-08-02 03:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
#1110, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 3

DAMN!!!! Hey flashed gs, does your hatch close with that box? And why the hell is it so big?!?!?!? Is that a prefab box? I think that I would have had someone make mine before I put that in my car. No offense, but that is not the best looking sub enclosure I have ever seen.

Brynden

flashed gsJan-08-02 04:42 AM
32 posts,
#1111, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 4

That is the 12" JL audio H.O. box, do some reading up on it and you'll change your mind how you feel about it. I've hit 147db's at Kenwood db dragways last summer, I had 3 jl 12w6's before this and only hit 142, now with this, ive got the best bass for $600, and yes the hatch closes fine, i tilted the box up in the pic to show what it was.

1998 Eclipse GS

AEM Intake
Freedom designs strut bar
Eibach pro kit
Greddy cat back exhaust
High flow cat
APC indiglo gauges
Indiglo hvac gauges

brynden29Jan-08-02 05:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
#1112, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 5

OH!!!! It is tilted up, that makes more sense. I can see why you could hit that high with that big of a box. JL's are bad ass subs for spl too. Sorry for the confusion.

Brynden

flashed gsJan-08-02 05:38 AM
32 posts,
#1113, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 6

not a problem.....you got yourself a nice ride, you got a site where i can see more pics of your setup. Id like to do something custom some day, but right now im all for loud music, pretty soon i'll settle down and go for something relaxing with not too much bass

1998 Eclipse GS

AEM Intake
Freedom designs strut bar
Eibach pro kit
Greddy cat back exhaust
High flow cat
APC indiglo gauges
Indiglo hvac gauges

brynden29Jan-08-02 07:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
#1114, "RE: Rear seat enclosure"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah, I have a website...
http://brynden.home.texas.net

I am not sure how many pics of my stereo are out there, I do not think that many. I will try to get some more up soon.

Brynden

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1106 Previous topic | Next topic