Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRear seat enclosure
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=1106
1106, Rear seat enclosure
Posted by 92redman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've got my back seats out now and I possibly looking to build a custom encloser to replace the seats with 10" sub 2 amps and maybe a cd changer. If anyone who has an enclosure in place of your rear seats could send me some pics and/or tips on designing or construction of such an enclosure, it would be greatly apreciated, thanks.
1107, RE: Rear seat enclosure
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sup mayng, i was at a cusomt stereo place today, and they quoted me between 500 and 800 do do a fiberglass enclosure in the backseat area.

no pics here, but id like to see a setup like the one we are talkin bout
1108, RE: Rear seat enclosure
Posted by flashed gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
why replace the back seats with 2 amps and a 10"? I have 2 amps and a dual 12 jl 2w3 H.O box in my hatch, and if i knew how to post pics in here i'd show you my set up. This pics here is alot different than the machv board. Someone tell me how to post pics here. They are all on the net and this is the only place i have problems posting. Anyways im new here.
1109, RE: Rear seat enclosure
heres my setup in my hatch

1110, RE: Rear seat enclosure
Posted by brynden29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DAMN!!!! Hey flashed gs, does your hatch close with that box? And why the hell is it so big?!?!?!? Is that a prefab box? I think that I would have had someone make mine before I put that in my car. No offense, but that is not the best looking sub enclosure I have ever seen.
1111, RE: Rear seat enclosure
That is the 12" JL audio H.O. box, do some reading up on it and you'll change your mind how you feel about it. I've hit 147db's at Kenwood db dragways last summer, I had 3 jl 12w6's before this and only hit 142, now with this, ive got the best bass for $600, and yes the hatch closes fine, i tilted the box up in the pic to show what it was.

1998 Eclipse GS

AEM Intake
Freedom designs strut bar
Eibach pro kit
Greddy cat back exhaust
High flow cat
APC indiglo gauges
Indiglo hvac gauges

1112, RE: Rear seat enclosure
OH!!!! It is tilted up, that makes more sense. I can see why you could hit that high with that big of a box. JL's are bad ass subs for spl too. Sorry for the confusion.
1113, RE: Rear seat enclosure
not a problem.....you got yourself a nice ride, you got a site where i can see more pics of your setup. Id like to do something custom some day, but right now im all for loud music, pretty soon i'll settle down and go for something relaxing with not too much bass

1998 Eclipse GS

AEM Intake
Freedom designs strut bar
Eibach pro kit
Greddy cat back exhaust
High flow cat
APC indiglo gauges
Indiglo hvac gauges

1114, RE: Rear seat enclosure
yeah, I have a website...
http://brynden.home.texas.net

I am not sure how many pics of my stereo are out there, I do not think that many. I will try to get some more up soon.
I generated this page in 0.0092558860778809 seconds, executing 7 queries.