Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10793
View in linear mode

Subject: "Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRMar-31-05 04:20 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10793, "Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
Mar-31-05 04:22 AM by EclipseTenzoR

I would like to add a window module to the alarm in the near future. Is there anyway I can do it so nothing happens unless you hit the lock/unlock button twice.

example- I leave car windows down. I arm the car, windows still down, arm the car again and the windows roll up.

and the same would go for unlock if I unlock twice that is when the windows go down.

I would like to add a module like this soon so I need some input on how I would go about setting this up with my alarm. Can I also loop a module in to operate the sunroof too? I really want to do this soon because ever since I have put rims on my car some shady customers at work have been coming close to my car and eyeing it up inside. So it would be nice and safe if I had the window thing, a nice alert to the guy next to my car saying hey you! get the fuck away from my shit.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, a_miller_76, Mar-31-05 04:25 AM, #1
RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-31-05 04:32 AM, #2
RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, a_miller_76, Mar-31-05 05:26 AM, #4
      RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-31-05 06:03 AM, #5
RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, eclipse_99rs, Mar-31-05 05:26 AM, #3
      RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-31-05 12:53 PM, #6
           RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-31-05 03:51 PM, #7
                RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-31-05 04:20 PM, #8
                     RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-31-05 06:26 PM, #9
                          RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-01-05 12:29 PM, #10
                               RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-01-05 02:16 PM, #11
                                    RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-01-05 04:51 PM, #12
                                         RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-01-05 04:59 PM, #13
                                              RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, MCubed45, Apr-02-05 07:52 AM, #14
                                                   RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-02-05 11:03 AM, #15
                                                        RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, MCubed45, Apr-04-05 11:37 AM, #16
                                                             RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-04-05 11:49 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, MCubed45, Apr-04-05 03:09 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-11-05 03:57 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, MCubed45, Apr-12-05 11:53 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-12-05 12:33 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, MCubed45, Apr-12-05 04:33 PM, #22
                                                                                           RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-13-05 04:01 AM, #23
                                                                                                RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, MCubed45, Apr-13-05 09:42 AM, #24
                                                                                                     RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-13-05 06:32 PM, #25

a_miller_76Mar-31-05 04:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10794, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 0

You can use the accessory button on your remote to activate the windows without them automatically going up upon locking, the sunroof can be run off the window module as well (I believe), and you can also use a proximity sensor to trigger the windows/sunroof so they stay open until someone comes too close then everything seals up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTenzoRMar-31-05 04:32 AM
2386 posts,
#10795, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 1

You are quick man. I am in class and was hoping you would respond before the bell rang too I have my remote start on my aux channel rite now. So what would I move the remote start to? Also would I have to buy another module to do the sunroof or can I just run the positive and negative wires from the sunroof to the module so it operates with the same module.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

a_miller_76Mar-31-05 05:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10797, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
You are quick man. I am in class and was hoping you would respond before the bell rang too I have my remote start on my aux channel rite now. So what would I move the remote start to? Also would I have to buy another module to do the sunroof or can I just run the positive and negative wires from the sunroof to the module so it operates with the same module.

I think it's all off the same module, but I haven't done this shit in years so my memory sucks and the models have changed. My remote start was using the arm and dissarm buttons together simultaneously.

EclipseTenzoRMar-31-05 06:03 AM
2386 posts,
#10798, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR You are quick man. I am in class and was hoping you would respond before the bell rang too I have my remote start on my aux channel rite now. So what would I move the remote start to? Also would I have to buy another module to do the sunroof or can I just run the positive and negative wires from the sunroof to the module so it operates with the same module.
I think it's all off the same module, but I haven't done this shit in years so my memory sucks and the models have changed. My remote start was using the arm and dissarm buttons together simultaneously.

Ok, I have heard of using the lock and unlock buttons to start the car. Can you suggest some sites to look at to read up on doing this. I am really interested in adding some stuff to the alarm system if I have enough channels. I'm really starting to invest alot more money into my car and I don't want people messing with it.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

eclipse_99rsMar-31-05 05:26 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#10796, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by a_miller_76
You can use the accessory button on your remote to activate the windows without them automatically going up upon locking, the sunroof can be run off the window module as well (I believe), and you can also use a proximity sensor to trigger the windows/sunroof so they stay open until someone comes too close then everything seals up.

Now that is the coolest thing ive ever heard of now i just wish i had power windows.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

TeamXtremeRSMar-31-05 12:53 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#10799, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-31-05 01:19 PM by XtremeRS

Yes, you can use the acc output of the alarm(red/white wire), but if i remember right, you will prob have to hold the button down to keep the windows rolling up(its usually run off of the orange ground when armed wire, which keeps a constant ground)I've never realy done it this way before, so not sure on that one, until its actually hooked up. If you do it this way, all you have to do is reprogram your transmitter for the RS feature. Open your driver door, and turn the key to the run position, and get at your valet button. Push and release the valet button 2 times, then press and hold on the 3rd.The red LED should blink 2 times, repeating itself. Press the auxillariy button once and release. Now advance the valet button 1 more time,(release-press-release,press and hold), LED should blink 3 times. Press the lock and ulock buttons at the same time, then release. Release the valet button, and turn the key off. Wait 10 seconds, then try it out. The lock/unlock buttons pressed together should start the car. Aux is now set to channel 2(red/white output wire). If you install the window module, you will have to take note and not wire it like the install manual says..instead of using the alarm's orange wire for roll up, you will connect it to the red/white, and window roll down wont be on the red/white, it will go to the violet/black.

You will not be able to roll the windows down by remote, unless you use wire it like above and use another output channel. It's supposed to be wired so that the orange ground when armed wire is activated(lock, and remote start-if you dont want to do it on RS, turn off anti-grind)it rolls the windows up, and window roll down is controlled by the channel 2 red/white wire. But you are in luck, the 790 has one more output channel, the violet/black wire. This can be used to roll the windows down. This is channel 4 output wire. Hopefully you can see this, but this is the manual for your system:

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N554V.pdf

This will also tell you how to program the transmitters and also all the options/features you want.

As for doing the sunroof, you MUST use another module to do that, or else it will mess with the window module. The window module works by sensing the current draw through the window circuit. When the window is fully up or down, the window motors dont move anymore, and the current draw goes way up. The window module senses this current, and shuts down power to the windows. If you tied the sunroof into this, the roof would either not fully close, or not fully open, just because the time it takes to do that, compared to the time it takes the door windows(it may sense the sunroof fully closed, then shut down power while one of your windows is still not fully open or closed). The window roll up module can control 2 windows only. I believe they make a module just for sunroofs also, and all you will have to do is tap off of your red/white and violet/black wires to control that, just like the window module.

The window module also gives you one touch up and down features on your stock switches, which is really nice to have. The module interfaces with your current window switch circuits, and with that hooked up, all your stock switches do is control the window module, instead of directly controlling your windows.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

EclipseTenzoRMar-31-05 03:51 PM
2386 posts,
#10800, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-31-05 03:53 PM by EclipseTenzoR

Wow Dude! Your awesome.. Lol.. Whenever I order this now I'm sure it will make more sense to me. But I get the main jist of it. Also, can you tell me how many channels the 790XV has? And if I can add more channels to it in the future, If I wanted to say like add a trunk popper to it. I heard somewhere that I was very limited to channels with my alarm.

Also you would'nt happen to know how to wire up headlamp courtesy lights would you? I'd like to put my HIDs on a timed relay so that when I get out of the car and lock it my HIDs stay on for 15-30 seconds to illuminate my walk way.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

EclipseTenzoRMar-31-05 04:20 PM
2386 posts,
#10801, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-31-05 05:01 PM by EclipseTenzoR

Ok, nevermind I understand it now Awesome, tommorow I'll cash my check and buy this chumpy.

I Could use this for my courtesy lights rite?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75389&item=5762659412&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

EclipseTenzoRMar-31-05 06:26 PM
2386 posts,
#10802, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 8

And my third consecutive post in a row, another question is could I use my lock and aux buttons as a combination to roll the windows up and my unlock and aux buttons to roll the windows down? From reading through that manual I have also come to notice that I only have 2 available channels? Is this correct?

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

TeamXtremeRSApr-01-05 12:29 PM
6329 posts,
#10803, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 9
Apr-01-05 12:30 PM by XtremeRS

And my third consecutive post in a row, another question is could I use my lock and aux buttons as a combination to roll the windows up and my unlock and aux buttons to roll the windows down? From reading through that manual I have also come to notice that I only have 2 available channels? Is this correct?

Yes, you only have 2 extra output channles on that system. As for button configuration, you can really make it whatever you want to really. Any combo of 2 buttons(or one button), out of the 4 total, can be programmed to activate the 2 channels. Same goes for lock/unlock/and remote start. YOu'd obviously want to keep the lock and unlock the same so it matches the icons on the transmitter. I'd do lock and unlock together as remote start, aux button as channel 2(red/white wire), and lock-aux as channel 4(violet/black wire).

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

EclipseTenzoRApr-01-05 02:16 PM
2386 posts,
#10804, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 10

Could I just do window up on the lock button? I'd like it to just roll the windows up when its locked that way I can keep an extra channel open just incase say I want to use the remote to turn on my stereo or maybe some neons or my headlights.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

TeamXtremeRSApr-01-05 04:51 PM
6329 posts,
#10805, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 11

Could I just do window up on the lock button? I'd like it to just roll the windows up when its locked that way I can keep an extra channel open just incase say I want to use the remote to turn on my stereo or maybe some neons or my headlights.

Yeah, thats actually the way the window module is supposed to be hooked up. The orange wire, gets grounded when the system is locked, which will roll up your windows. Then all you need is channel 2 to roll the windows down. This leaves channel 4 open to do whatever you want with it. It should also be a programmable output, which means you can do a timed, latched, or validity output.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

EclipseTenzoRApr-01-05 04:59 PM
2386 posts,
#10806, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 12
Apr-01-05 05:03 PM by EclipseTenzoR

Can you explain what timed, latched, and validity output are?

Also this is what I bought today

-508D DEI PROXIMITY RADAR MOTION SENSOR $32.95

-530T DEI POWER WINDOW AUTOMATION SYSTEM $62.95

-DEI 528T PULSE TIMER WITH SPDT RELAY $15.00

With the timed relay I would like to hook that to my headlights, that way when I lock the car my hids turn on and illuminate the way for me when its dark out aka courtesy lights. This is possible rite? And would I tap my proximity sensor in where my the shock sensor is too?

Note: I was looking at the diagram for my alarm and in the lower left corner I see Factory Disarm/Speical Accessory Output. What can that be used for? Its Light Green/Black

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

MCubed45Apr-02-05 07:52 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#10807, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 13
Apr-02-05 07:57 AM by MCubed45

Can you explain what timed, latched, and validity output are? Also this is what I bought today -508D DEI PROXIMITY RADAR MOTION SENSOR $32.95 -530T DEI POWER WINDOW AUTOMATION SYSTEM $62.95 -DEI 528T PULSE TIMER WITH SPDT RELAY $15.00 With the timed relay I would like to hook that to my headlights, that way when I lock the car my hids turn on and illuminate the way for me when its dark out aka courtesy lights. This is possible rite? And would I tap my proximity sensor in where my the shock sensor is too? Note: I was looking at the diagram for my alarm and in the lower left corner I see Factory Disarm/Speical Accessory Output. What can that be used for? Its Light Green/Black

you can buy a window module for like $20 off ebay that'll do the same thing... that's what i did. then i bought a couple relays to hoook up to an extra channel to use for window roll-down.

timed - signal is sent to the output channel for a set period or time

latched - signal is sent to the output channel when the button on the transmitter is pressed and will continue being sent after the button is realeased and until the button is pressed again (basically acts as an on/off button)

validity - siganl is sent to the output channel only while the button is held down

for the proximity sensor there should be additional sensor inputs that are open. DEI alarms have sesor 'zones'. you want it on a separate input so you know what sensor was triggered. your shock sensor is on one zone, your door/trunk pins are on another, and your proximity sensor will be on another. when your alarm is triggered your LED will flash the number of times according to the zone that was triggered. if you have a problem with the alarm going off all the time it's good to know which sensor is possibly setup too sensitive.

-marc

EclipseTenzoRApr-02-05 11:03 AM
2386 posts,
#10808, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 14

Very cool, thank you guys. I cant wait until this stuff arrives so I can dig in and get started with this.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

MCubed45Apr-04-05 11:37 AM
2706 posts,
#10814, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 15
Apr-04-05 11:39 AM by MCubed45

have fun

the little electronic mods i've done are probably some've my favorites. they're pretty cheap if you do them youself but make people go "wow how'd you do that??"

i think i'm gonna put my headlights on another channel and maybe my horn on another one too after i install an air horn. that's gonna be fun. i can be across the parking lot and blast the horn at people

i would've gotten the 790xv too but i was turned off by the limited channels. i got the 800esp instead. 7 CHANNELS!!!@ BANME!!!!

-marc

EclipseTenzoRApr-04-05 11:49 AM
2386 posts,
#10815, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 16

Good luck finding somewhere to mount that air horn.. lol.. Also I am pretty happy with the 790XV being a 2-way and all. I am considering though buying another model Viper has it just has extra channels on it not really an alarm. But I really don't want to have to carry another remote. O'well it will be fun.

Here is the 6 Channel Receiver

http://www.drdetailshop.com/450r.htm

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

MCubed45Apr-04-05 03:09 PM
2706 posts,
#10822, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 17

nah people have mounted air horns in the stock location. the compressor's not that big. a little smaller than the evap canister if i remember correctly.

i think there's some add-ons that creates extra channels from your alarm. it does this by interperting 2 quick pulses as one channel and one pulse as separate channel etc. idk if you'd still be able to get different outputs though (latched/timed/validity). something to look into though if you don't want a second remote. it might make operating the separate channels with your alarm remote a little complicated though.

-marc

EclipseTenzoRApr-11-05 03:57 PM
2386 posts,
#10876, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 18

I have it all instealled and its excellent! Only thing is I dont like the auto up or down on my master control in the car. Anyway I can get it so I can operate them the stock way again? It's to much of a hassle to stop the window in mid-travel.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

MCubed45Apr-12-05 11:53 AM
2706 posts,
#10878, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 19

i'm not sure if that module is programmable like the rest of DEI's stuff... if not there's not much you can do besides pulling it out. if possible return it and buy a regular module. the whole reason i didn't get the DEI module was i DID NOT want those extra features. i only wanted auto-roll-up with arming, and roll down on a separate validity output channel. a regular window module will cost you $20 or so on ebay. then you need like 3 relays to do the roll-down thing.

-marc

EclipseTenzoRApr-12-05 12:33 PM
2386 posts,
#10880, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 20

Nah.. no turning back now, I got it off of ebay and everything is fine with it. I am just going to deal with it. I'll get use to it eventually.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

MCubed45Apr-12-05 04:33 PM
2706 posts,
#10882, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 21

actually now that i think about it you might be able to manually bypass that feature. is it one touch up AND down or only in a certain direction? depending on how the unit works you could possibly bypass the feature and using a couple relays still retain your remote/auto-roll features

-marc

EclipseTenzoRApr-13-05 04:01 AM
2386 posts,
#10884, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 22

Yea its auto up and auto down. I was thinking some type of relay setup could give me the standard controls back until I turned power off on the car, but I don't have the best understanding of relays so I can not design the setup for it.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

MCubed45Apr-13-05 09:42 AM
2706 posts,
#10886, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 23
Apr-13-05 09:44 AM by MCubed45

Yea its auto up and auto down. I was thinking some type of relay setup could give me the standard controls back until I turned power off on the car, but I don't have the best understanding of relays so I can not design the setup for it.

in that case i don't think there's much you can do... the module is basically modifying the signal to the motors from your switches. your switches are no longer directly connected to the motors. if it were only one-touch down then you could bypass that portion of the module and only use the module for it's auto-roll UP feature (not to be confused with ONE-TOUCH OPERATION). in that case you would get some relays to use for the remote roll DOWN feature. but then you would basically have my setup. you'd be using the DEI unit as a more basic window module and be using relays for the roll-down feawtures.

in any case waht you're trying to do is turn the DEI unit into a basic unit like mine. it's probably gonna end up being more work than just swapping it for a normal module. it's really not that hard to swap and you'll probably come out ahead if you can sell yours for a decent price.

-marc

EclipseTenzoRApr-13-05 06:32 PM
2386 posts,
#10892, "RE: Viper 790XV Alarm Questions. Experts Please Come Here"
In response to Reply # 24

I think I am just going to let it be, more and more everyday I am understanding how to use it better from inside of the car. I really dont have the money to be throwing around rite now so this will do. I'm sure in another week or so I will have it fully figured out. Just think that if anyone else is to own my car after me, they will probably get very pissed off with it.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10793 Previous topic | Next topic