Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #282
View in linear mode

Subject: "deck visual too dim" Previous topic | Next topic
jaseJul-23-01 11:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#282, "deck visual too dim"

installed an old kenwood deck i bought from my friend on friday....tdf 85d if im correct..model before the exceleron models came out i believe....anyhow....there was no dimmer or illumination wires and after i installed it, the visual on the deck is way too dim to see....i looked on the menu to see if i could possibly change the contrast, no luck, no manual, and no wires for dimmer or illumination...anyone gotta clue ?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

koolade9Jul-23-01 01:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#283, "RE: deck visual too dim"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not familiar with that particular model, but if you hold the Menu button(if it has one) you should get into a menu where you can change the contrast.

also, check your +12, ground and switched igntion. many-a-times, if you have low voltage, it won't light up very bright.

or...if it looks fine at night, but not during the day, you're suffering from what many 2g dsmers go through when the sun washes out the display. if that's the case, the sony c780, c910, most kenwood excelon decks that end in a 7 or 11 will all be visible in the sunlight. I'm sure others do but I've had very good luck with the above^

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #282 Previous topic | Next topic