Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectdeck visual too dim
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=282
282, deck visual too dim
Posted by jase, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
installed an old kenwood deck i bought from my friend on friday....tdf 85d if im correct..model before the exceleron models came out i believe....anyhow....there was no dimmer or illumination wires and after i installed it, the visual on the deck is way too dim to see....i looked on the menu to see if i could possibly change the contrast, no luck, no manual, and no wires for dimmer or illumination...anyone gotta clue ?
283, RE: deck visual too dim
Posted by koolade9, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm not familiar with that particular model, but if you hold the Menu button(if it has one) you should get into a menu where you can change the contrast.

also, check your +12, ground and switched igntion. many-a-times, if you have low voltage, it won't light up very bright.

or...if it looks fine at night, but not during the day, you're suffering from what many 2g dsmers go through when the sun washes out the display. if that's the case, the sony c780, c910, most kenwood excelon decks that end in a 7 or 11 will all be visible in the sunlight. I'm sure others do but I've had very good luck with the above^

I generated this page in 0.0094590187072754 seconds, executing 7 queries.