Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12887
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP" Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuSep-29-07 09:09 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12887, "Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"

As you read I bought an JL 600wtt 4-channel amp. I'm not into sytems but more into Performance stuff, my relative sold this to me for dirt cheap she needed them money so I helped out.
Questions,questions what size Subs power Rating all that good stuf I could use for this monster just kidding.

My head is Pioneer I pics of my Interior somewhere on here. Keep in mind this will be the only rice thing installed on my DSM or I might sell it or trade for parts maybe ?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, boosted60trimrst, Sep-30-07 06:49 PM, #1
RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, dalesmitsu, Oct-02-07 08:50 PM, #2
RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, Fallen4ng31, Oct-03-07 07:59 AM, #3
RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, dalesmitsu, Oct-03-07 10:45 PM, #4
      RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, Fallen4ng31, Oct-04-07 05:59 AM, #5
           RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, dalesmitsu, Oct-04-07 10:53 PM, #6
                RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, sek95GS, Oct-05-07 05:04 PM, #7
                     RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP, msl-man, Oct-07-07 05:04 AM, #8
                          It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..., Fallen4ng31, Oct-19-07 01:15 PM, #9
                               RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..., dalesmitsu, Oct-23-07 10:32 PM, #10
                                    RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..., Fallen4ng31, Oct-24-07 07:26 AM, #11
                                         RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..., 2GeclipseRS, Oct-25-07 12:53 PM, #12
                                              RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..., Fallen4ng31, Oct-27-07 12:53 PM, #13

boosted60trimrstSep-30-07 06:49 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12889, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 0

a 4 channel amp is really not for subs . you can hook a nice pair of componants up to it though and it will sound great . sub amps are more monoblock or even 2 channel .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuOct-02-07 08:50 PM
986 posts,
#12890, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
a 4 channel amp is really not for subs . you can hook a nice pair of componants up to it though and it will sound great . sub amps are more monoblock or even 2 channel .

cool thanks

Fallen4ng31Oct-03-07 07:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#12891, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Keep in mind this will be the only rice thing installed on my DSM

I fail to understand how an amplifier is ricey...
Unless, of course, It has all sorts of leds and crap on it.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

dalesmitsuOct-03-07 10:45 PM
986 posts,
#12892, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Originally posted by dalesmitsu Keep in mind this will be the only rice thing installed on my DSM
I fail to understand how an amplifier is ricey... Unless, of course, It has all sorts of leds and crap on it.

Lmao, I knew where you going type that. Wouldn't you wanna hear your engine more than subs.

I'm not into sytems, but I do know that a good system Doesn't Vibrate the whole car etc.

I'm happy good speakers in the normal areas to my opinion all that extra stuf weights rear of the car and eats up gas do to it.

I'm not knocking your setup dude it's actually looks cool for what you have. Could you post pics of how you have your subs hooked up. I've been looking at Eclipse for awhile but maybe I just add two 10s or 12s not sure though.

Fallen4ng31Oct-04-07 05:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#12893, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-04-07 06:01 AM by Fallen4ng31

Sure, It's pretty generic though, Once I get home from work I'll snap a few pics. I would probably go with a pair of 6.5" (doors) and 6x9" in the rear with that particular amplifler. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com has pretty decent prices.

I hate hipsters.

dalesmitsuOct-04-07 10:53 PM
986 posts,
#12894, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 5

Sure, It's pretty generic though, Once I get home from work I'll snap a few pics. I would probably go with a pair of 6.5" (doors) and 6x9" in the rear with that particular amplifler. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com has pretty decent prices.

Thanks, this helps my factory rear 6x9 are the ones that work sounds decent but it farts when cranked too high.

I'm planning going using my old setup Infinity's ref. dash doors and rear with my cheapy Pioneer. This setup sounds pretty good had it in my old Cutlass. With this JL 4-channel amp would add some punch to them. Later,I look at 10's for my bass, to keep the weight down. I've had two 12s audiobahn in a enclosure but was too freaking heavy.

I have to PM my cousin about the amp she sounds pretty desparte for cash, thats why I got this amp for 40 bucks. She said the retail is 600. I just hope its not blown, then I wasted 40 bucks on a dead amp onlu use would be anchor for fishing

sek95GSOct-05-07 05:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
406 posts,
#12895, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 6

It would also help if you would provide us with the model number of that amplifier.

I personally ran a nice set of components and a single 10" sub with a four channel. It sounded great and wasnt extremely heavy or bulky.

msl-manOct-07-07 05:04 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2003
111 posts,
#12896, "RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP"
In response to Reply # 7
Oct-07-07 05:05 AM by msl-man

I know I'm a few days behind here but are you sure you have 6x9's in the back. I had to use a dremel tool to get 6x9's to mount back there. Worked out nicely though. No vibrations and sounds great.

Fallen4ng31Oct-19-07 01:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#12897, "It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..."
In response to Reply # 8

My mascots...

I hate hipsters.

dalesmitsuOct-23-07 10:32 PM
986 posts,
#12900, "RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..."
In response to Reply # 9

My mascots...

Nice basic setup I bet it sounds good. Hows your gas mileage with the heavy sub box

Fallen4ng31Oct-24-07 07:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#12901, "RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..."
In response to Reply # 10

Gas mileage? Well I was hoping not to go into that...
But seriously, my gas milage when I first got her was something like 23MPG. (Before stereo) Now it's something like 20MPG. But my engine is also on it's last legs. Bad rings, lots of blowby, tranny slipping.
So I couldn't give a solid "after" figure.

I hate hipsters.

2GeclipseRSOct-25-07 12:53 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#12902, "RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..."
In response to Reply # 11

Sony subs are garbage.

For bass without adding alot of weight, go with an infinity basslink. Fits under seats or wherever else you can think of.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Fallen4ng31Oct-27-07 12:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#12903, "RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos..."
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
Sony subs are garbage. For bass without adding alot of weight, go with an infinity basslink. Fits under seats or wherever else you can think of.

I would partially disagree, the standard X-Plod's yes, but the SE comps are decent for rock/metal. Plus I didn't want to drop $400 on a pair of subs.

I hate hipsters.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12887 Previous topic | Next topic