Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectBought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12887
12887, Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As you read I bought an JL 600wtt 4-channel amp. I'm not into sytems but more into Performance stuff, my relative sold this to me for dirt cheap she needed them money so I helped out.
Questions,questions what size Subs power Rating all that good stuf I could use for this monster just kidding.

My head is Pioneer I pics of my Interior somewhere on here. Keep in mind this will be the only rice thing installed on my DSM or I might sell it or trade for parts maybe ?
12889, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
a 4 channel amp is really not for subs . you can hook a nice pair of componants up to it though and it will sound great . sub amps are more monoblock or even 2 channel .
12890, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
a 4 channel amp is really not for subs . you can hook a nice pair of componants up to it though and it will sound great . sub amps are more monoblock or even 2 channel .

cool thanks
12891, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Keep in mind this will be the only rice thing installed on my DSM

I fail to understand how an amplifier is ricey...
Unless, of course, It has all sorts of leds and crap on it.
12892, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Originally posted by dalesmitsu Keep in mind this will be the only rice thing installed on my DSM
I fail to understand how an amplifier is ricey... Unless, of course, It has all sorts of leds and crap on it.

Lmao, I knew where you going type that. Wouldn't you wanna hear your engine more than subs.

I'm not into sytems, but I do know that a good system Doesn't Vibrate the whole car etc.

I'm happy good speakers in the normal areas to my opinion all that extra stuf weights rear of the car and eats up gas do to it.

I'm not knocking your setup dude it's actually looks cool for what you have. Could you post pics of how you have your subs hooked up. I've been looking at Eclipse for awhile but maybe I just add two 10s or 12s not sure though.
12893, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Sure, It's pretty generic though, Once I get home from work I'll snap a few pics. I would probably go with a pair of 6.5" (doors) and 6x9" in the rear with that particular amplifler. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com has pretty decent prices.
12894, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Sure, It's pretty generic though, Once I get home from work I'll snap a few pics. I would probably go with a pair of 6.5" (doors) and 6x9" in the rear with that particular amplifler. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com has pretty decent prices.

Thanks, this helps my factory rear 6x9 are the ones that work sounds decent but it farts when cranked too high.

I'm planning going using my old setup Infinity's ref. dash doors and rear with my cheapy Pioneer. This setup sounds pretty good had it in my old Cutlass. With this JL 4-channel amp would add some punch to them. Later,I look at 10's for my bass, to keep the weight down. I've had two 12s audiobahn in a enclosure but was too freaking heavy.

I have to PM my cousin about the amp she sounds pretty desparte for cash, thats why I got this amp for 40 bucks. She said the retail is 600. I just hope its not blown, then I wasted 40 bucks on a dead amp onlu use would be anchor for fishing
12895, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Posted by sek95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It would also help if you would provide us with the model number of that amplifier.

I personally ran a nice set of components and a single 10" sub with a four channel. It sounded great and wasnt extremely heavy or bulky.
12896, RE: Bought JL 600wtt 4-channel HELLLP
Posted by msl-man, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know I'm a few days behind here but are you sure you have 6x9's in the back. I had to use a dremel tool to get 6x9's to mount back there. Worked out nicely though. No vibrations and sounds great.
12897, It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos...

My mascots...

12900, RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos...
My mascots...

Nice basic setup I bet it sounds good. Hows your gas mileage with the heavy sub box
12901, RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos...
Gas mileage? Well I was hoping not to go into that... :P
But seriously, my gas milage when I first got her was something like 23MPG. (Before stereo) Now it's something like 20MPG. But my engine is also on it's last legs. Bad rings, lots of blowby, tranny slipping.
So I couldn't give a solid "after" figure. :shrug
12902, RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos...
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sony subs are garbage.

For bass without adding alot of weight, go with an infinity basslink. Fits under seats or wherever else you can think of.
12903, RE: It took forever but here are the pics. 56k warning LARGE photos...
Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
Sony subs are garbage. For bass without adding alot of weight, go with an infinity basslink. Fits under seats or wherever else you can think of.

I would partially disagree, the standard X-Plod's yes, but the SE comps are decent for rock/metal. Plus I didn't want to drop $400 on a pair of subs.
I generated this page in 0.0092711448669434 seconds, executing 7 queries.