Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1170
View in linear mode

Subject: "What to put there?" Previous topic | Next topic
JJPhatStratJan-16-02 12:10 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
471 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1170, "What to put there?"

I have an RS...98. I just got a new head unit, but there has always been space for a double DIN sized unit like the stock infinity. my question is...is there anything that you can put in that spot? an eq maybe? is there anything else that could go there?

Pictures -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/carpics.htm

Tunes -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/mp3page.htm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What to put there?, PowerEclipses, Jan-16-02 02:16 PM, #1
RE: What to put there?, Mathas, Jan-16-02 04:21 PM, #2
RE: What to put there?, JJPhatStrat, Jan-23-02 09:56 AM, #3
      RE: What to put there?, Weezle745, Jan-24-02 05:22 PM, #4
      RE: What to put there?, iamnotwhoiam, Jan-28-02 06:07 AM, #5
           RE: What to put there?, jZa, Jan-28-02 12:26 PM, #6

PowerEclipsesJan-16-02 02:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1171, "RE: What to put there?"
In response to Reply # 0

an eq or something custom...

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MathasJan-16-02 04:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
#1172, "RE: What to put there?"
In response to Reply # 0

There are quite a few things you can do with that opening. Here's a few suggestions:

1) Pocket - it can be kind of nice to have a little extra storage space for small things. You can get the pocket either from the dealer(non-Inifinty systems come with a single-din radio and a pocket), or I'm fairly sure Metra makes a universal din-sized pocket you could probably pick up at your local Best Buy/Circuit City/Ultimate Electronics/etc.

2) Equalizer/DSP - the more tuning your audio system gets, the better(in my opinion)

3) Gauges/Meters - if you need room for a S-AFC or something, that's a possibility

4) Nothing - Metra kit 99-6001(I think) fills the opening, and leaves a 1/4-din slot for a smaller in-dash EQ. If you choose not to have an EQ of that size, or don't want a dash-mount EQ, it also comes with a cover plate for that little opening. The only real problem with that is that the 99-6001 isn't an easy kit to keep in stock, at least not around here. We've had three in stock in the past two months, and I bought one of them

-Matt

JJPhatStratJan-23-02 09:56 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
471 posts,
#1173, "RE: What to put there?"
In response to Reply # 2

awesome...i checked out that metra site...very cool. ill figure something out...thanks...lates

Pictures -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/carpics.htm

Tunes -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/mp3page.htm

Weezle745Jan-24-02 05:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#1174, "RE: What to put there?"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the pocket and I put my cell phone/CDs/pens/pictures/etc. in there. Kinda comes in handy sometimes.

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

iamnotwhoiamJan-28-02 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#1175, "RE: What to put there?"
In response to Reply # 3

i HATE those plastic crap kits.. i retained my stock metal holder and stuck an eq under my radio..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

jZaJan-28-02 12:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1176, "RE: What to put there?"
In response to Reply # 5

i hate the plastic crap too, i already broke mine since it didn't fit good and now the radio's all crooked

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1170 Previous topic | Next topic