Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectWhat to put there?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=1170
1170, What to put there?
Posted by JJPhatStrat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have an RS...98. I just got a new head unit, but there has always been space for a double DIN sized unit like the stock infinity. my question is...is there anything that you can put in that spot? an eq maybe? is there anything else that could go there?
1171, RE: What to put there?
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
an eq or something custom...
1172, RE: What to put there?
Posted by Mathas, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There are quite a few things you can do with that opening. Here's a few suggestions:

1) Pocket - it can be kind of nice to have a little extra storage space for small things. You can get the pocket either from the dealer(non-Inifinty systems come with a single-din radio and a pocket), or I'm fairly sure Metra makes a universal din-sized pocket you could probably pick up at your local Best Buy/Circuit City/Ultimate Electronics/etc.

2) Equalizer/DSP - the more tuning your audio system gets, the better(in my opinion)

3) Gauges/Meters - if you need room for a S-AFC or something, that's a possibility

4) Nothing - Metra kit 99-6001(I think) fills the opening, and leaves a 1/4-din slot for a smaller in-dash EQ. If you choose not to have an EQ of that size, or don't want a dash-mount EQ, it also comes with a cover plate for that little opening. The only real problem with that is that the 99-6001 isn't an easy kit to keep in stock, at least not around here. We've had three in stock in the past two months, and I bought one of them :P

-Matt
1173, RE: What to put there?
Posted by JJPhatStrat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
awesome...i checked out that metra site...very cool. ill figure something out...thanks...lates
1174, RE: What to put there?
Posted by Weezle745, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the pocket and I put my cell phone/CDs/pens/pictures/etc. in there. Kinda comes in handy sometimes.
1175, RE: What to put there?
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i HATE those plastic crap kits.. i retained my stock metal holder and stuck an eq under my radio.. :-)
1176, RE: What to put there?
Posted by jZa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i hate the plastic crap too, i already broke mine since it didn't fit good and now the radio's all crooked
I generated this page in 0.018621206283569 seconds, executing 7 queries.