Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 5 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #182
View in linear mode

Subject: "Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat" Previous topic | Next topic
NoogaboxFeb-08-08 01:50 PM
Member since Feb 01st 2008
96 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#182, "Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat"

Hello All. Well I am farely new to Mitubishi / DSM Community. The First thing I learned about Eclipse owners is they are basically all budies even if you dont know their real name and 4g63 owners pick on 420a owners like their little brother. I started a project in late 2006 for a Microsoft themed car. I actually Tore my passenger airbag out , Custom bent glass and then Mounted a A7n266 PC chips motherboard with a AMD Barton 2500+ CPU and 7 inch Zenarc brand touch screen ( power by USB) Basically a gamer machine power ( in 2007 before the dual core) in my dash. Seen here http://xboxtalon.blogspot.com/2007/05/original-setup-carputer.html

Forgive the horrible gramer, my GF boasted me about not publishing any of my successful projects out on the web and I did it at like 3 am with one eylid open LOL.

I new little to nothing about the car itself at that time , only that there were cosmetic things I found I would like to do to it. I even had stock rims and tires when I first installed it. http://xboxtalon.blogspot.com/2007/05/getting-plexiglass-in.html

After I figured out that the 420a was a chrysler block with a head and intake design from a abandoned lotus project I got interested in performance. However by this time that carputer I installed had the Video card " Ati 9800 128mb ram" short out on a very very very humid muggy hot day. When the Card choked it actually shorted the Board too. I was sad. HOwever I did not want to have a cool install in my dash in vien. Sooo I pulled the Computer and got and xbox. I found that the Original xbox was a 733 celeron in it and 10 gig HD. This was the Birth of the XBox Micro. I actually trimmed and cut the case to make the height 1 1/4" shorter so it would fit into the dash. Internals seen here http://xboxtalon.blogspot.com/2007/05/modifying-xbox-micro-xbox.html
I modify game systems already heres the blog for that NoogaboX.blogspot.com The most recents are dreamcast for a showcar, Xbox Micro and Xbox 360 ( several)

I figured out that I needed to have a computer system that could idle at farely low temp if I wanted to have it in my dash. I still have this xbox and its never actually been used if anyone is interested. Shortly after I installed this xbox the 360 came out and that just made it not nearely as cool anymore so I think I will go to the trouble to put a XBOX 360 in the car. I now have an extra 360 and a liquid cooling kit, so I am almost ready to tackle that project.

Meanwhile the major reason I hevent done that yet Is I installed a Turbo on my car. First I wanted to clean the car up so I started cleaning everyhting I could. Eventually I ended up with a slightly cleaner looking version of my Talon engine bay. I descided I needed some Powdercoating since paint is just too fragile from the intense underhood tempratures. Here are the first Pieced I powdercoated Candy Red

http://upgradecar.blogspot.com/2007/10/powder-coating-is-done.html
All the red is for the Talon, All the rasberry was for the Dreamcast Eclipse. I had the Turbo housing, Valve cover, Tial wastegate Top, Intake and HKS BOV coated to begin with. Wow what a difference it made. Here is the Install of the Turbonetics Turbo on the 420a

http://upgradecar.blogspot.com/2007/12/starnes-420a-turbo-install.html

Here is the Before and after for the Engine , this give everone a idea of what the car looked like after I cleaned the bugger like crazy and pressure washed grease off it.

http://upgradecar.blogspot.com/2008/01/turbo-install-before-and-after.html

Right now I am just finishing up the Turbo install, I Still need to install the larger injectors, I may install the Apexi Safc II I have, and a Turbo Heat sheild of which I am working on.

I already Have my set of rims which are motegi DP6 chrome but I need a set of 18 in tires and I powdercoated the front calipers after polishing them and they are oh Soo Beautful!

http://upgradecar.blogspot.com/2008/01/custom-candy-red-calipers-1997-eagle.html

I think the Candy Red Calipers will go well agianst the proposed CHromes wheels! I am going Sunday to see about painting the car a Custom frosted color called Cool White or its mitubishi cousins call is Frost White. w26paint.blogspot.com is specifically for all the paint prodjects with this custom color and the xbox 360 thats being installed in the car.

Please I would like to make a shout out to Dreamcasteclipse.blogspot.com as she is very proud of her car and is coming along well, she would really like comments on the progess!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat [View all] , Noogabox, Feb-08-08 01:50 PM
  RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, VelocitaPaola, Feb-09-08 07:22 AM, #1
RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Noogabox, Feb-18-08 10:02 AM, #5
RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, djtrickee, Feb-09-08 08:01 AM, #2
RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Hedge, Feb-15-08 04:11 PM, #3
RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Noogabox, Feb-18-08 10:00 AM, #4
RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Noogabox, Feb-19-08 01:46 PM, #6
RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Noogabox, Feb-19-08 02:00 PM, #7
      RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Noogabox, Mar-12-08 08:11 AM, #8
           RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, goalie40, Mar-15-08 11:54 AM, #9
                RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Noogabox, Mar-26-08 12:24 PM, #10
                     RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, Fallen4ng31, Mar-26-08 02:19 PM, #11
                          RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, corivus, Mar-27-08 08:07 AM, #12
RE: Microsoft Turbo Talon, Project Custom W26 Paint, Candy red Powdercoat, RoninEclipse2G, Apr-04-08 06:21 AM, #13

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #182 Previous topic | Next topic