Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #95721
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: No answers needed, just "opinions"/critisizm on my future setup...please." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jun-18-06 06:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95725, "RE: No answers needed, just "opinions"/critisizm on my future setup...please."
In response to In response to 1

Originally posted by GSGoinFast
lists are easy to make. Actually following through on it is a little harder

Amen to that.

- MegaSquirt-I v3.0 ECU (4.0bar MAP sensor)

As fast as MSnS is advancing, I wouldn't be concerned about Version.

- Wiseco Forged Pistons - 8.6:1

I will never buy Wiseco pistons ever again.

- Cometic HG

I've been advised by a two-time European Rally Champion to "Stay the fuck away from Cometic HGs." I intend to do so. (Plus, I don't know that they make them for the 420A.)

- Crower Stage 2 (possibly 3 if streetable) Cams

Maybe the Crower 2 turbo cams. Read the cam thread in Adv.Tuning for more information.

- AEM Tru-Time Adjustable Cam Gears

I don't want anything AEM on my car. Period.

- ACT 2900 clutch

Nothing available for the 420A.

- FP GREEN series turbo

Old technology. Why would you want to install a 5+ yr old turbo on your car a year from now.

- "reinforced" 5-spd tranny from an '02 neon

Never heard of this. Are you confusing the final drive mod which makes all your gears taller?

- Tial 38mm wastegate nad BOV

Because you gotta relieve the pressure in those nads.

This sorta sounds like one of those biggest, most expensive parts I could find, build lists. Shit. You might as well add an Iconel tubular manifold, full battery of high performance coatings for the insternals, alcohol injection and carbon fiber everything.

This far out, you need to be more generic. Determine a target or goal - 400whp, 10 second quarter, lateral g in autoX, 0-60 in 3sec and build for that. I'll tell you one thing, building your car to be the most fully-built anything gets old in the end. It will turn out to be something you can't drive as often as you would like and it's still going to be a ten year old car with creaks and rattles. If you want bragging rights and a car that requires 110 octane race gas that you have to buy in 55gal drums (at $6/gal) which you only drive on and off a trailer to the dyno, then go for it, but just remember it becomes a chore when it's no longer fun.

Words of wisdom...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

No answers needed, just "opinions"/critisizm on my future setup...please. [View all] , 1997RS, Jun-17-06 09:51 PM
  RE: No answers needed, just "opinions"/critisizm on my future setup...please., GSGoinFast, Jun-18-06 04:31 AM, #1
RE: No answers needed, just "opinions"/critisizm on my future setup...please., TeamDR1665, Jun-18-06 06:54 AM #2
      RE: No answers needed, just "opinions"/critisizm on my future setup...please., baxsom, Jun-18-06 12:54 PM, #3
           RE: No answers needed, just "opinions"/critisizm on my future setup...please., rhui, Jun-19-06 12:32 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #95721 Previous topic | Next topic