Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7316
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Questions" Previous topic | Next topic
spaniard372Jul-13-01 03:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7337, "RE: Questions"
In response to In response to 20

some questions too about the ride (and like BLKOUT i'm not starting anything so don't e-mail me angry okay ) glancing over your list the 60k looks a little generous, i'd say about 35k with no hook ups along the way. But with a car like that i would think a couple friends at some shops would have been made sooner or later that would give some deals. i noticed you have quite a bit of work put into the suspension and handling capabilities of the car with the strut bars, shocks, camber kit, stillen brake kit, etc. because of this, i was wondering why the car has a vinyl interior. in my opinion not only does leather look better, but it would hold you in your seat much more effectively. or even better yet a suade middle insert would be the best. vinyl seems to me the worst material to upholster the seats with (too much sliding around). and when you said "show car", what were you refering to? the engine bay doesn't seem show quality. clean for a daily driven, but not near show standards. your reservoirs are dirty and stained and what not. the stereo is awesome, props with that. but again i don't see show quality. the asthetics yes, but it will get blown away w/only one 12 (in a sound competition, won't produce nearly enough decibals). i mean, i have two JL Audio 12's just to roll around town with. one suggestion is buy out the equipment so you can take the "rockford" vinyl off the windshield. i'm just not a fan of stickers. but if they want to sponsor all that equipment in my car for dirt cheap, bring on the logos. keyword is "dirt" though, i'll pass on offers to keep the "clean" look. they better be good are you planning on finishing out the body kit as well (rear, side, etc.)? i am just asking cuz you said you were into looks right now. looks good as is though (clean), EXACTLY like mine (stillen front, commando wing, taillights, FMIC , etc.) i got a couple more things along the way though, plus i have chrome housing projectors. my list of mods however does humble to yours hehe. the picture focusing on the wheel, is that an 18' rim? just asking cuz i have 18's but they seem to be bigger (probably just the differing styles though or picture). and i don't think those tires are the scorchers (scorchers are the yellow ones). correct me if i'm wrong. the blue, red, and yellow tires each have different names i believe. in the rear of the car where the license plate should be, i can't really tell from the picture but is that a brake light or reflector centered there? i'm not sure from the picture but i was wondering. also curious, with all that money why wasn't a carbon fiber hood opted for? personal preference? not that you should have one, i was considering buying one but i like my car without one (the chrome in the projectors, clear lights all the way around, and silver w/purple pearl paint gives a real clean look. didn't want to give that up. and painting carbon fiber takes something away from the hood to me). i was curious how the FPR is working for you? any probs? just wondering cuz RRE doesn't recommend the regulator for our cars for what reason i'm not sure. is everything functioning fine with it? they say it is only for 1G turbo and NT, 2G turbo, and 3G eclipses. (we're the black sheep hehe) and the 11 second passes in the 1/4, that's impressive. not pointing fingers but if we could get some time slips that would be awesome. that's peculiar too, if you have all that stereo equipment, and enough engine mods to run those E/T's how come only a Rockford sponsorship. seemingly you have the second fastest 2GNT in the world, hard to believe you can't land anything else. with all the stillen products, (front end, wing, rotors, strut bars, camber kit, rotors, calipers, brake lines, short shifter, etc.), you're like a poster child for the company (no disrespect). that would be an ideal company to approach possibly. i'm sure they wouldn't mind some representation in your area. just seems odd that's all. but yes i am aware of how hard it is to land deals with companies so i'm not naive. finally, close to 60k and no INDIGLO GAUGES!! WHAT THE $@^%!! everybody's getting them!! haha...LOL. j/k, though i am a happy owner of a set. overall the car is awesome. really nice. kinda sad how it was put together but hopefully you will appreciate it more than the last owner. anybody can have some money and dump into a car, but the kid in HS working 45+ hours a week bussing tables all summer to do what he can to the ride, that's what it's all about. that's me! hehe (the first summer w/the eclipse was great) now i got college tuition to worry about and i'm still doing what i can. i love it!!! as long as you have genuine interest for your car, and a passion for your ride, you got my support. nice car....can't wait to watch it grow. (if it can much more hehe). peace.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Blow-by out the crank case ventillation tube? [View all] , brickardius, Jul-12-01 01:08 PM
  RE: Blow-by out the crank case ventillation tube?, manekone, Jul-12-01 03:22 PM, #1
RE: Blow-by out the crank case ventillation tube?, brickardius, Jul-12-01 04:12 PM, #2
      I'm calling you out on this one...., fastdsm, Jul-13-01 01:11 AM, #3
      RE: I'm calling you out on this one...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-13-01 03:28 AM, #4
           RE: I'm calling you out on this one...., fastdsm, Jul-13-01 04:02 AM, #5
      RE: Blow-by out the crank case ventillation tube?, ThunderRIP, Jul-13-01 05:02 AM, #6
           oh no!, klipzracer, Jul-13-01 05:07 AM, #7
                RE: oh no! Dont Judge so fast, brickardius, Jul-13-01 06:14 AM, #8
                     RE: oh no! Dont Judge so fast, brickardius, Jul-13-01 06:22 AM, #9
                     RE: oh no! Dont Judge so fast, ThunderRIP, Jul-13-01 07:00 AM, #10
                          Oh no, I pissed him off!, fastdsm, Jul-13-01 07:20 AM, #11
                          Oh no, I pissed him off!, fastdsm, Jul-13-01 07:21 AM, #12
                               Stop., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-13-01 07:49 AM, #13
                               RE: Oh no, I pissed him off!, ThunderRIP, Jul-13-01 07:52 AM, #14
                                    RE: Oh no, I pissed him off!, TeamStan2gnt, Jul-13-01 08:17 AM, #15
                                         RE: Oh no, I pissed him off!, klipzracer, Jul-13-01 08:22 AM, #16
                                              RE: Oh no, I pissed him off!, Kory, Jul-13-01 08:44 AM, #18
                     Questions, TeamJasonESi_T, Jul-13-01 08:39 AM, #17
                     RE: Questions, brickardius, Jul-13-01 09:50 AM, #19
                          RE: Questions, BLKOUT, Jul-13-01 11:44 AM, #20
                               RE: Questions, spaniard372, Jul-13-01 03:12 PM #21
                                    sorry..., spaniard372, Jul-13-01 03:13 PM, #22
                                         RE: sorry..., brickardius, Jul-13-01 03:38 PM, #23
                                              RE: sorry..., klipzracer, Jul-13-01 11:59 PM, #24
                                              RE: sorry..., klipzracer, Jul-13-01 11:59 PM, #25
                                              RE: sorry..., klipzracer, Jul-13-01 11:59 PM, #26
                                              RE: sorry..., klipzracer, Jul-14-01 12:00 AM, #27
                                                   whoops!, klipzracer, Jul-14-01 12:01 AM, #28
                                                        RE: whoops!, brickardius, Jul-14-01 12:59 AM, #29
                                                             RE: whoops!, Infernaldaemon, Jul-14-01 01:22 AM, #30
                                                                  RE: whoops!, klipzracer, Jul-14-01 05:14 AM, #31
                     RE: oh no! Dont Judge so fast, RuffCut, Jul-15-01 12:01 PM, #32
                          RE: oh no! Dont Judge so fast, 99GSBBTurbo, Jul-15-01 01:50 PM, #33

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7316 Previous topic | Next topic