Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #12617
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: auto trannys and turbos?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerDec-28-01 01:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12623, "RE: auto trannys and turbos?"
In response to In response to 5

>1) With auto, what would the best way to launch be and
>would it be more controlled than manual since Im not
>throwing so much power to the wheels? (Please dont mention

Same way you should be launching now. Power braking (or whatever you call it). Hold the brake down and push on down on the gas till about 2200 ... green light all gas no brake. Being auto this also allows you to build boost on the line ... can't do it in a MT.

>2) On a manual, boost is built up. Then the driver
>releases accelerator and shifts, then pushes accelerator
>again. The throttle plate closes. On an auto, since the
>accelerator is never lifted, would my throttle plate close?
>If not this would mean I'd be able to hold boost right?
>Would a BOV function in this scenario since no air would be
>sent back?

You're right. The throttle plate will not close between shifts unless you let go of the accelerator. Therefore the BOV will not sound off. This is also good because you can maintain boost between gears and not have all the pressure vent out during shifts.

>3) Is there anything else I'd need that a manual would not?
>Transmission cooler?

A tranny oil cooler might be a nice addition but it depends on how you plan on driving it. If you're gonna be making run after run without letting the car cool a bit in between then yes if you're pretty tame with it then probably no. It's a good safety precaution either way.

>4) With auto stage1, what kind of times should I expect on
>an HRC Super16G?

Don't know. I'd guess high 15's.

>5) Your opinion, is this worth it? I can't sell my car and
>I looove the feeling of boost and speed. Its the ultimate
>rush.

I'm assuming you've driven a car with boost. It'll be a night and day difference with what you have now. It'll be worth it and it opens many paths for improved performance that you didn't have before. Just tuning your stage 1 can yeild better times but tuning your NA really doesn't get you as much. It's definitely worth every penny.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

auto trannys and turbos? [View all] , 1995GS, Dec-23-01 11:09 AM
  RE: auto trannys and turbos?, TeamAvenger, Dec-23-01 11:27 AM, #1
RE: auto trannys and turbos?, thedawg, Dec-24-01 04:08 AM, #2
      RE: auto trannys and turbos?, aj, Dec-27-01 04:00 PM, #3
           RE: auto trannys and turbos?, RyaN95i4, Dec-27-01 04:07 PM, #4
                RE: auto trannys and turbos?, Ryan_RS, Dec-27-01 09:08 PM, #5
                     RE: auto trannys and turbos?, TeamAvenger, Dec-28-01 01:41 AM #6
                     RE: auto trannys and turbos?, RyaN95i4, Dec-28-01 03:45 AM, #7
                          RE: auto trannys and turbos?, TeamAvenger, Dec-28-01 04:49 AM, #8
                               RE: auto trannys and turbos?, RyaN95i4, Dec-28-01 11:19 AM, #9
                                    RE: auto trannys and turbos?, TeamAvenger, Dec-28-01 04:26 PM, #10
                                    RE: auto trannys and turbos?, RyaN95i4, Dec-29-01 06:35 AM, #14
                                    RE: auto trannys and turbos?, RoboTechDSM, Dec-28-01 04:32 PM, #11
                                         RE: auto trannys and turbos?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-28-01 05:28 PM, #12
                                              RE: auto trannys and turbos?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-28-01 05:39 PM, #13
                                              RE: auto trannys and turbos?, TeamAvenger, Dec-29-01 08:13 AM, #15
                                                   RE: auto trannys and turbos?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-29-01 01:23 PM, #16
                                                        RE: auto trannys and turbos?, Ryan_RS, Dec-29-01 07:12 PM, #17
                                                             RE: auto trannys and turbos?, TeamAvenger, Dec-30-01 06:44 AM, #18

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #12617 Previous topic | Next topic