Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1229
View in linear mode

Subject: "My thoughts....." Previous topic | Next topic
Jason 95 GS TurboJan-29-01 09:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1243, "My thoughts....."
In response to In response to 13

Ok, here is my take on this whole topic of fuel pressure, larger injectors, and shotty fuel pumps.

Obviously, HRC has done the most amount of homework on their kits. But, i still disagree with how either of the setups can truly be good. You are pushing in excess of 100 lbs. of fuel pressure through injectors not really meant to see over maybe 60-70 lbs. Does it work? Yes. But, at that kind of pressure, it can cause injector lock up, leakage, and i would assume injector failure. Something i don't think you would want to see on a turbo car.

So, my opinion on what would remedy this...

stock block--Well, it seems chris has a setup that works pretty well doesn't he? he even has dyno's to prove it. You want to get something safe and reliable for 10-12 lbs. of boost? Get some 400 CC injectors, a super AFC, and an adjustable FMU if you bought the star kit. turn down the base idle pressure so the AFC doesn't have to do as much work, set it at a lower gain rate than the typical 12:1, and use the AFC to fine tune everything? Chris, am i correct in this is how your car is setup?

if you want to safely run 10 lbs. and not deal with the electronics, get the 310 CC injectors that our computer can compensate for, or at least supposedly compensate for. I'd really like to know if this truly works right or not.

Built motor--well, if you don't plan on racing it and trying to hit the 11's, then the setup above would probably be quite adaquate. But, if you want to get to where Hahn is at, you are gonna need a setup similiar to hahns, which is the accel DFI that comes with their stage IV and V kits. The other option is a standalone like the haltech. I am opting for a haltech e6kbecause you can tune the timing as well as the fuel. I have one ordered, and hope to have it ready to be installed by spring. I will definitely keep you posted on how it goes. But to seriously be able to get enough fuel to run those kind of numbers like i know people like wyatt are trying to do, you are gonna need some large injectors, like 625's (hahns) or some 660s or 720s. There is no real way to control injectors this large without a standalone? am i correct HRC?

My ideal setup would be a sheet metal intake manifold with 8 injectors, 4-310 cc's to run at normal off boost operation to keep it more streetable, and 4-550's for boost. Then use the haltech to controll it. Would make for a pretty intersting ride i would think.

ANyway, i have rambled on here long enough, if anyone wants to correct me on any of this, i would be glad to hear it.

jason
95 GS turbo

hehehe...beater car...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ... [View all] , Hoot, Jan-27-01 11:08 AM
  RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., Jason 95 GS Turbo, Jan-27-01 08:53 PM, #1
RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., 95ESi, Jan-27-01 09:33 PM, #2
      RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., Phat99Eclipse, Jan-28-01 02:14 AM, #3
           RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., TeamMuRiX, Jan-28-01 02:17 AM, #4
                RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., Phat99Eclipse, Jan-28-01 05:45 AM, #5
                     RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., Hoot, Jan-28-01 10:16 AM, #6
                          RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., VendorHRC, Jan-29-01 12:55 AM, #7
                               RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., Hoot, Jan-29-01 02:02 AM, #8
                                    RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., VendorHRC, Jan-29-01 05:25 AM, #9
                                         RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., TeamMuRiX, Jan-29-01 06:44 AM, #10
                                              RE: BEWARE: fuel pump flow rates ..., TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-29-01 08:01 AM, #11
                                                   i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, 95ESi, Jan-29-01 08:11 AM, #12
                                                        RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, Hoot, Jan-29-01 09:03 AM, #13
                                                        My thoughts....., Jason 95 GS Turbo, Jan-29-01 09:37 AM #15
                                                             RE: My thoughts....., TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-29-01 09:44 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: My thoughts....., Jason 95 GS Turbo, Jan-29-01 09:51 AM, #17
                                                        RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-29-01 09:29 AM, #14
                                                             RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, VendorHRC, Jan-29-01 10:44 AM, #18
                                                                  RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, Hoot, Jan-29-01 12:13 PM, #19
                                                                       RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, TeamMuRiX, Jan-29-01 10:42 PM, #20
                                                                            RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, 95ESi, Jan-30-01 04:01 AM, #21
                                                                                 RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, TeamMuRiX, Jan-30-01 05:08 AM, #22
                                                                                      RE: i guess it's time to buy inline pump from HRC, VendorHRC, Feb-01-01 10:28 AM, #23
                                                                                           HRC pump with Star Turbo?, cyan, Feb-26-01 03:46 AM, #24
                                                                                                RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, Eclipse2NR, Apr-23-03 08:36 PM, #25
                                                                                                     RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, 420aVenger, Apr-23-03 10:53 PM, #26
                                                                                                     RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, TeamMetalJim, Apr-23-03 11:08 PM, #27
                                                                                                          RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, Collente, Apr-24-03 03:15 AM, #28
                                                                                                               RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, Eclipse2NR, Apr-24-03 03:53 AM, #29
                                                                                                     RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-24-03 07:07 AM, #30
                                                                                                          RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, juggalo, Apr-24-03 10:42 AM, #31
                                                                                                               RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, Eclipse2NR, Apr-24-03 10:59 AM, #32
                                                                                                                    RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-24-03 12:01 PM, #33
                                                                                                                         RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, Eclipse2NR, Apr-24-03 01:03 PM, #34
                                                                                                                              RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, juggalo, Apr-24-03 08:02 PM, #35
                                                                                                                                   RE: HRC pump with Star Turbo?, phrenzy, Apr-24-03 08:36 PM, #36

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1229 Previous topic | Next topic