Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108490
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinFeb-19-11 12:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108533, "RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?"
In response to In response to 2

Originally posted by J
I'm assuming I can't just loosen the vclamp, give it a nice hard shove and clamp it down again.

That is pretty much what I'm suggesting. Take the clamp off and see if there is a gap between the center section and turbine housing. If there is any gap, start rotating and wiggling the center section to loosen it (also remove the wastegate actuator). Carefully work the center section off and pull it out of the car. Clean the mating surfaces on both the turbine housing and center section. Inspect for damage. If everything looks OK, tap the center section back onto the turbine housing as tight as possible (dead blow hammer is good for this). Rotate the center section so that the wastegate actuator lines up correctly and put the clamp back on the turbine housing. That might just do it.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild? [View all] , J, Feb-06-11 06:19 PM
  RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-07-11 07:00 PM, #1
RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, J, Feb-07-11 08:14 PM, #2
      RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, J, Feb-15-11 10:39 AM, #3
      RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, bagged420a, Feb-15-11 01:19 PM, #4
      RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-19-11 12:58 PM #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108490 Previous topic | Next topic