Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108490
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?" Previous topic | Next topic
JFeb-07-11 08:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108494, "RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?"
In response to In response to 1

I mean the compressor housing aka intake side of the turbo, on the inside/center-section half (not airfilter side)... now, having said that, I don't know that it's coming out of the compressor housing seal either. Everything is so very well compact (and the gas moves so quickly), it could very well be shooting out the vclamp in the direction of the compressor housing, and then being deflected out and around. All I know is that it is coming somewhere from the center section.

The turbo (as a whole) is very slowly but surely covering my newly powdercoated valve cover black w/ exhaust (the portion located right above the turbo that is). Otherwise, the turbo is functioning perfectly fine, and b00sts happily. If I've got to take it completely off (no prob being lazy if I knew better how it dis/assembles), I guess I mayse well rebuild it in the process. I'm assuming I can't just loosen the vclamp, give it a nice hard shove and clamp it down again.

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild? [View all] , J, Feb-06-11 06:19 PM
  RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-07-11 07:00 PM, #1
RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, J, Feb-07-11 08:14 PM #2
      RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, J, Feb-15-11 10:39 AM, #3
      RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, bagged420a, Feb-15-11 01:19 PM, #4
      RE: S16G Compressor Seal, Center O-Ring, or Rebuild?, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-19-11 12:58 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108490 Previous topic | Next topic