Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90682
View in linear mode

Subject: "question about management and others" Previous topic | Next topic
m2wenginesOct-15-05 07:24 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2005
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90682, "question about management and others"
Oct-15-05 07:27 PM by m2wengines

Hey all, nice site, first time posting, we just bought a 95 eclipse cheap. Connecting rod broke and went threw the block and oil pan, thats not the issue as i am a performance engine builder but dont play much with imports beyond the point of building the longblock. So im just gonna list some of the basic things that we are going to be doing and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-ENGINE
block line honed with arp studs
block zero decked for optimum quench
bore block .020 over (considering making a torque plate)
Deburred, crossdrilled and balanced crankshaft w/ notches cut at main oil holes to help force feed rod bearings
h beam rods
forged pistons .020 over w/ file fit rings
improved melling oil pump
aftermarket valves (possibly larger valves, dunno what kind?? any suggestions, havent had much time to look for suppliers as weve been busy pulling the motor and trans)
major portwork and combustion chamber work
turbo cams with valve springs (not sure on make and availability yet, feedback??)
adjustable cam gears
cometic head gasket w/ arp studs
egr delete
sheet metal intake manifold ( home made or aftermarket? OBX-R?? feedback?)
aftermarket or custom throttle body (any aftermarket?)
forget anything??

-FUEL SYSTEM
fuel tank is going to be rear sumped
all braided hose supply and return
big inline fuel pump and filter
fuel pressure regulator with gauge
hi flow fuel rail
76lbs injectors or 800cc (calculated to make 400 horse with 80% duty cycle and .60 BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption)
Comments?? feedback??
nology coil, wires and plugs

-TURBO SETUP
Custom home brewn tig welded header style manifold with seperate wastegate.
60-1 turbonetics turbo, supposed to make 450 horse at 10psi using appropriate plumbing (feedback??)
wastergate and blow off valve
madrel bent plumbing tig welded
front mounted intercooler air to air considering liquid to air...
considering using the liquid to air for its efficiency and the fact that i can still put the radiator to cool the liquid where the intercooler is typically mounted and run small water lines to the liquid intercooler inside the engine bay and have very little plumbimb from the turbo to the inetercooler to the intake as the intercooler would be located where the battery is (battery is gonna be in the trunk)

and finaly to control all this stuff i plan on using dsmlink, this is my main concern, is dsmlink easy to use?? is it good software?? is this all i will need to control my fuel and spark timing?? anybody on here use it, i really dont want to use all these systems that trick or add to the existing system, i would like to have an ecu that will run by itself that we can change from time to time...

and with dsm link am i still going to need to use this fuel cutout defender to make sure the map sensor doesnt overide the ecu??

will be running a true wideband probably from aem for easy tuning, probably an egt gauge as well and an oil pressure gauge in a tripod pillar

Anyways any help or comments or feedback would be well appreciated and keep up the good work and good to see so many people helping eachother out.

Frank@Mild2Wild Engines
ASE certified master engine machinist

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

question about management and others [View all] , m2wengines, Oct-15-05 07:24 PM
  RE: question about management and others, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-15-05 09:19 PM, #1
RE: question about management and others, Chamuko, Oct-16-05 10:56 AM, #2
      RE: question about management and others, m2wengines, Oct-16-05 03:03 PM, #3
           RE: question about management and others, Kirby, Oct-17-05 06:34 AM, #4
                RE: question about management and others, ModeratorCorbin, Oct-17-05 07:33 AM, #5
                     RE: question about management and others, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Oct-17-05 02:07 PM, #6
                          RE: question about management and others, m2wengines, Oct-17-05 04:43 PM, #7
                               RE: question about management and others, TeamDR1665, Oct-18-05 06:15 AM, #8
                               RE: question about management and others, BumpinTalon, Oct-18-05 09:36 AM, #9
                                    RE: question about management and others, m2wengines, Oct-18-05 04:58 PM, #10
                                         RE: question about management and others, 95venge, Oct-18-05 05:25 PM, #11
                                              RE: question about management and others, GreenRicer, Oct-19-05 05:35 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90682 Previous topic | Next topic