Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997
View in linear mode

Subject: "I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit" Previous topic | Next topic
GSGoinFastFeb-21-05 07:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82997, "I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit"

ok so i was sitting in auto class today talking to a guy who just got a GS-T and i realized something... i know how to weld... i also have my old exhaust manifold... things started clicking and heres my idea

to start with im poor so i cant buy a kit. but im thinking i can cut the flange off the old exhaust manifold, port the openings a little bit with a dremel, and then make a custom exhaust manifold. i have a mig welder and oxy welder at my disposal. i was thinking of making one like Lickscissor's manifold.

i also have a limitless supply of sheets of steel i can use, which im thinking of matching up with the turbo to make the flange for the manifold to turbo connection with the needed bolts(tell me if that wont work for some reason)

i was thinking of first junk yard hopping looking for a 14b, but if i cant find one then buying one on ebay, and changing the actuator spring. also buying a 1st gen 02 housing to use to match up the flanges to a downpipe that i will make. then buy some piping to make some intercooler pipes for the GS-T smic i can use cuz a friends bro doesnt need it anymore, and using his 1st gen bov.

ok now im thinking all thats left is oil lines, with proper fittings, vaccume lines, missing link, and of course a s-fmu(will that come with the needed fuel lines or not?). oh yeah and a boost gauge and mbc.

im not sure if im missing something big but this seems like it will be pretty cheap, and i think im fully capable of doing that custom work. tell me what you guys think.. i started searching but there were a lot of results that werent too on target and i was too giddy to keep searching lol.

my estimates on pricing right now look like it will be in the range of $500-$600... i can definately afford that... you guys think thats do-able? im excited now!! lol

thanks for the help, sorry its so long

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit [View all] , GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 07:29 AM
  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 07:33 AM, #1
RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 08:13 AM, #2
      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 08:25 AM, #3
           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 11:06 AM, #4
                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-21-05 12:44 PM, #5
                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 01:08 PM, #6
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Moderatormicyek, Feb-21-05 01:15 PM, #7
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-21-05 01:40 PM, #8
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 03:29 PM, #9
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Boossted420a2g, Feb-21-05 05:18 PM, #10
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 05:31 PM, #11
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Ducking_Fumbass, Feb-21-05 05:40 PM, #12
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Kaoz78, Feb-21-05 07:21 PM, #13
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 420a-Tnthewerks, Feb-21-05 10:09 PM, #14
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:05 AM, #15
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, corsagsbo, Feb-22-05 05:29 AM, #16
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 07:14 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-22-05 02:40 PM, #20
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:23 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 06:59 AM, #49
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 08:18 AM, #18
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-22-05 02:14 PM, #19
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 06:07 PM, #22
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 05:21 AM, #23
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Feb-23-05 08:47 AM, #24
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-23-05 09:47 AM, #25
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Uberingram, Feb-23-05 09:50 AM, #26
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 10:12 AM, #27
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 11:13 AM, #28
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ShadowWulf, Feb-23-05 11:57 AM, #29
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 01:07 PM, #30
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 07:06 AM, #31
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Dirty, Feb-25-05 08:57 AM, #32
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 09:35 AM, #33
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ProjectTalon420A, Feb-25-05 07:46 PM, #34
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-26-05 05:31 AM, #35
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Mar-01-05 06:20 AM, #36
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-01-05 06:52 AM, #37
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 04:58 AM, #38
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Keith2172, Mar-02-05 05:39 AM, #39
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 07:21 AM, #40
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-02-05 07:31 AM, #41
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 07:39 AM, #42
                                                                                           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 08:17 AM, #43
                                                                                                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 09:04 AM, #44
                                                                                                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 09:33 AM, #45
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, EglTalon_ESi, Mar-02-05 07:19 PM, #46
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-03-05 03:27 AM, #47
                                                                                                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-03-05 09:34 AM, #48
                                                                                                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Blizare, Mar-04-05 07:57 AM, #50
                                                                                                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 09:38 AM, #51
                                                                                                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Mar-06-05 10:14 AM, #52
                                                                                                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-06-05 02:28 PM, #53
                                                                                                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, enhance, Mar-07-05 05:36 PM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-07-05 06:02 PM, #55

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997 Previous topic | Next topic