Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #927
View in linear mode

Subject: "PIAA Platinum Bulbs 4 Projectors Question" Previous topic | Next topic
HeDogJan-22-01 10:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#927, "PIAA Platinum Bulbs 4 Projectors Question"

I just got my clear projector headlights and will be switching the bulbs. I've got PIAA 1100X dichronic driving lights, which use the Platinum bulbs and I want to keep all the bulbs the same.

From what I hear, people say that the projectors don't illuminate the road very well. PIAA has 2 different wattages for H3 bulbs, 55w & 85w. Being that the 55w probably wouldn't illuminate the road enough, can the housing for the projector sustain the heat from an 85w bulb? I figure that even though it is more of a concentrated beam, by having it brighter would be better.

Also, is anyone using an actual HID setup with clear projectors. I will eventually be switching to HID if the housing for the lights will allow it temperature wise.

Any feedback on any situations or problems would be great.

HeDog

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

PIAA Platinum Bulbs 4 Projectors Question [View all] , HeDog, Jan-22-01 10:37 AM
  RE: PIAA Platinum Bulbs 4 Projectors Question, Teameclipse804, Jan-22-01 06:28 PM, #1
RE: PIAA Platinum Bulbs 4 Projectors Question, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-23-01 04:10 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #927 Previous topic | Next topic