Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #83555
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs" Previous topic | Next topic
96eclipse2nrApr-08-05 11:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83646, "RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs"
In response to In response to 6

no no, let me break it down for you. the spal MOTOR has 2 wires. a red and a black. now, the window SWITCHES (spal ones) have the following wires that plug into it: Red (power), brown (ground), grey (if you have the illuminated switches). so when everything is plugged up into the spal switches you end up with a power, ground, illum (option), and then you have the red and black wires from the motor. for these...dont think of them as POS and NEG. cuz in all actuality, depending on which stage (up or down) one acts as a ground, and the other acts as the power. the polarity is reversed.

so, what you need to do for your STOCK switches is run a constant POS and a ground...and an illum wire if you want it. i havent ever seen a stock switch...but im sure it will be simple enough to figure out. the wiring schematics dont cover that. but it does cover which wires signal the window motors. it is as follows:

drivers window UP: green with a red stripe
drivers window DOWN: green with blue stripe

pass window UP: brown with yellow stripe
pass window DOWN: green with yellow stripe

******drivers side*****

now, it is my understanding that you need to connect the green with red stripe to the black wire that goes to the SPAL motor. this should make the window go up

you connect the green with blue stripe to the red wire that goes to the spal motor. this should make the window go down

if its reversed...then just swap wires...that simple

*******pass side*******

connect the brown with yellow stripe wire to the black wire going to the SPAL motor. this will make the window go up

connect the green with yellow stripe wire to the red wire going to the SPAL motor. this will make the window go down.

again, if this is not the case, reverse the wires.

****power/ground/illumination wires*****

since they dont exist, youll have to run your own to the switch.

***drivers side***

connect your power wire (rob power from somewhere) and connect this wire to the BLUE wire on the window switch. if you want to use your windows without having to use the key...there is a constant hot that runs along the steering colum...this is a fat white wire..you cant miss it.

connect a ground wire to the black wire on the switch. just get about 6" of wire, connect this up, put a ring terminal on the end, and screw it to the door....your ground is now done.

illumination? im not sure really...my wirng dosent cover that at the switch. probably the only damn wire left. you can get ill power from a wire under the dash. its green with a white stripe IIRC.

***pass side***

blue with black stripe is your hot. run your power wire over and connect.

ok, confused now. you may have to kinda look back at your drivers side and figure out the wiring for the pass side now. his wiring shows different than the schematic that crutchfield sent me. his schematic shows that the brown/yellow wire is a ground. in my schematic, it shows that that wire is the "window up" wire.

ill look around and try to figure this out..maybe i can find the FSM wiring diagram. be back in a bit....but that should get you rolling anyways

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Spal window kit with stock switchs [View all] , 1995talon, Apr-06-05 06:48 PM
  RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-08-05 01:07 AM, #1
RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, Semperboost, Apr-08-05 05:51 AM, #2
      RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-08-05 09:15 AM, #3
RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-08-05 09:27 AM, #4
RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-08-05 10:20 AM, #5
      RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-08-05 10:36 AM, #6
           RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, a_miller_76, Apr-08-05 11:24 AM, #7
           RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-08-05 11:32 AM, #8
           Colibri Kit, Semperboost, Apr-08-05 11:32 AM, #9
                RE: Colibri Kit, scothern, Apr-09-05 04:19 AM, #12
                     RE: Colibri Kit, Semperboost, Apr-09-05 08:07 AM, #14
           RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 96eclipse2nr, Apr-08-05 11:32 AM #10
                RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-08-05 12:50 PM, #11
                     RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-09-05 07:10 AM, #13
                          RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 96eclipse2nr, Apr-09-05 08:46 AM, #15
                               RE: Spal window kit with stock switchs, 1995talon, Apr-09-05 12:25 PM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #83555 Previous topic | Next topic