Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105604
View in linear mode

Subject: "High beam indicator light not working?" Previous topic | Next topic
DaJackalFeb-05-12 08:08 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2011
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105604, "High beam indicator light not working?"

Hello guys, having a little problem here. My blue high beam indicator light on the instrument cluster doesn't work. It hasn't worked during the whole 3 years the car has been in the family, but now we'd like to get that fixed. Any ideas where the problem could be?

-Bulb has been changed (no effect)
-Lights work otherwise 100% as they should (I can turn the high beams on and off without problems)
-The lights have been rewired thru a relay system (original wires only give signal to relays which feed the lights with straight-up battery power), but this hasn't had an effect (did this 2 years ago, indicator didn't work even before this)

Can anybody tell me which pin behind the instrument cluster is it that should convey the signal to the indicator? That way I could test if the problem is in the connections inside the instrument cluster.
Or can it be the bulb "base" that is faulty? (the small grey part that the bulb is plugged in before it can be screwed to the cluster, don't know the English name for it.)

I searched but couldn't find a suitable topic. If anybody else has had the same problem please tell me.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

High beam indicator light not working? [View all] , DaJackal, Feb-05-12 08:08 PM
  RE: High beam indicator light not working?, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-05-12 08:32 PM, #1
RE: High beam indicator light not working?, azdave, Feb-08-12 12:36 PM, #2
      RE: High beam indicator light not working?, DaJackal, Feb-08-12 12:49 PM, #3
           RE: High beam indicator light not working?, azdave, Feb-08-12 01:29 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105604 Previous topic | Next topic