Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105318
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, " Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuJul-24-11 01:16 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105342, "RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, "
In response to In response to 17

Originally posted by azdave
Originally posted by dalesmitsu Well, I got try this test out before it rain. My brother used his snap on power probe tester. He it has power but the dimmer switch would need to pulled out. I unpluged cigerette lighter bulb, the white/black clips going to it. Reinstalled and still nothing. My shift lights dont light up either, they used to. Also, there's a red/black wire thats grounded below the lighter my brother said that this wire might've touched something powered/ground and it burnt a fuse. Oh, my brother mentioned that I shouldnt look in the chiltons for wire specs, go online? Is there a fuse box behind the glove box when its opened. He said there is.
I don't remember any black and white clips on the cigarette lighter BULB. Those sound like the cigarette lighter socket power and ground wires. The dimmer switch is very hard to remove (access is tight). That is why I am having you test ground the black wire with the white stripe. Did you temporarily ground the black wire with the white stripe on the cigarette lighter BULB wires as I requested? The shift indicator lights are part of the dimmer circuit so it make sense that they are out too. There should not be any more fuses in the remaining circuit. The only fuse in the dimmer crcuit is the one under the hood protecting the entire marker light/gauge light system after power leaves the marker light relay. There are no fuses behind the glove box. Since you said your brother has a tester, pull out the little bulb on the cigarette lighter bulb socket and see if either contact inside the socket gets power when the marker lights are turned on.

Yes, those are them power/ground for the cigeretter lighter.

I told him to test the Black and yellow wire from cigerette lighter, as you requested.
I think he did ground it right, the snap on probe buzzed the - GREEN he said that means there's power. But he didnt turn on the parking/sidemarker lights to see if the dash lights turn.

That's what thought also, no fuses behnind glovebox. Just driverside kick panel and under the hood. Figured he was just snoopin' nothing in my glovebox anyways, lol.

Bulb hasnt been on and I think the light didnt work when I boought the car.

He said I could borrow his tester, so I'll redo this test again and pull the litte bulb test the contact.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Instrutment cluster lights went out. [View all] , dalesmitsu, Jul-19-11 06:12 PM
  RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out., Moderatorteklein, Jul-19-11 06:13 PM, #1
RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out., dalesmitsu, Jul-19-11 06:17 PM, #2
      RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out., Moderatorteklein, Jul-19-11 06:18 PM, #3
           RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out., dalesmitsu, Jul-19-11 06:21 PM, #4
                RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out., AdministratorCODE4, Jul-19-11 06:25 PM, #5
                     RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out., dalesmitsu, Jul-19-11 06:30 PM, #6
                          RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-19-11 07:30 PM, #7
                               RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , ez, Jul-20-11 10:42 AM, #8
                                    RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-20-11 10:22 PM, #9
                                         RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , RoninEclipse2G, Jul-21-11 11:50 AM, #10
                                              RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Jul-21-11 02:41 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , ez, Jul-21-11 05:21 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-21-11 08:28 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Jul-21-11 09:54 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-23-11 11:58 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Jul-24-11 05:15 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-24-11 01:16 PM #18
                                                                            RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Jul-24-11 02:46 PM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-24-11 03:02 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out, shatteredsilence, Aug-23-11 07:30 PM, #34
                                                   RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-21-11 08:19 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-24-11 04:44 PM, #21
                                                             RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-25-11 03:55 PM, #22
                                                                  RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Jul-25-11 04:26 PM, #23
                                                                       RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-25-11 04:50 PM, #24
                                                                            RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-25-11 07:47 PM, #25
                                                                                 RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Jul-26-11 07:17 AM, #26
                                                                                      RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Jul-26-11 11:31 PM, #27
                                                                                           RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Jul-27-11 06:35 AM, #28
                                                                                                RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Aug-03-11 08:11 AM, #29
                                                                                                     RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , Cyexmaster, Aug-04-11 11:41 AM, #30
                                                                                                          RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Aug-04-11 12:31 PM, #31
                                                                                                               RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , dalesmitsu, Aug-05-11 04:29 PM, #32
                                                                                                                    RE: Instrutment cluster lights went out. Second question, , azdave, Aug-08-11 03:06 PM, #33

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105318 Previous topic | Next topic