Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104779
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: door hinge problem" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickJul-09-10 10:45 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104783, "RE: door hinge problem"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by gisclair
My drivers front door hinge is breaking where the two lower bolts attach to the car. Not the bolts itself but the actual door frame where the hing bolts up is cracking and my door has a sag when open and hits when closing. i know the doors on our cars are heavy. Does anyone else have this problem? I know I will have to get it welded by a body shop. Just curious how many of us have this problem.

Whats funny is, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about and actually had the same problem on my car. The metal on the body around the hinge was cracking and pulling away from the body, causing the door to fall down and hit the side when closing. I chose to fix mine myself, you can do this also, or get someone who knows how to weld.

Take the door off. Its heavy as shit, have someone hold it while you unbolt it. After you get it unbolted, quickly unhook the wiring harness and set the door aside. Where the hinge was, you will have to set the metal back to where it should be if it pulled out away from the body. From there, I just welded, grinded, and painted, my door has never shut so good before.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

door hinge problem [View all] , gisclair, Jul-09-10 07:17 PM
  RE: door hinge problem, Moderatorteklein, Jul-09-10 08:07 PM, #1
RE: door hinge problem, 740 turbo brick, Jul-09-10 10:45 PM #2
RE: door hinge problem, gisclair, Jul-10-10 11:16 AM, #3
      RE: door hinge problem, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-12-10 04:11 PM, #4