Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101824
View in linear mode

Subject: "Electic Window Control Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
ModifiedElementSep-19-08 09:00 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2007
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101824, "Electic Window Control Problem"

Ok. I need any and all ideas to help me fix this problem.
The problem is:
When you remove the door panels the electric window switch is screwed in underneath. If you have removed the door panels before you will know what I'm talking about. Over time and after being removed a few times the places where the screws actually screw in become worn and/or cracked. Mine are cracked... almost all of them. See pic below

The screws will no longer hold the window controller in place. I can get maybe one screw to hold and if I try to use the window control it falls back down inside the door as shown in the picture below.

My first thought was to put hot glue in the holes where the screws go and then re-thread new screw holes into the glue... Now this would work for the winter months but not in the summer because I am afraid that the glue would heat up and melt and the screws would fall right back out... and then I am back to square one.

Any ideas on how to get either the screws to stay in and tight?? or just how to get the window control to stay in period??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Electic Window Control Problem [View all] , ModifiedElement, Sep-19-08 09:00 AM
  RE: Electic Window Control Problem, Moderatorteklein, Sep-19-08 10:48 AM, #1
RE: Electic Window Control Problem, ModifiedElement, Sep-19-08 11:43 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101824 Previous topic | Next topic