Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #92270
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's)" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseSixFeb-05-06 03:29 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92317, "RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's)"
In response to In response to 10
Feb-05-06 03:31 AM by EclipseSix

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Originally posted by EclipseSix
Originally posted by eclpsmoneypit95 It's nice to see another Illinois 2gnt'er. Oh yeah, park your car and go inside next time, haha.
Haha for sure. Yeah, I found this board around the time I bought the car (two years ago), but I really haven't had the chance to start any modding until recently, and I basically immediately determined that I'm waiting for summer and buying a manual GS. Mine is an auto Looks pretty but sooo slow. Anyways hopefully I'll be able to make it to the IL 2gnt meet whenever it happens. I live in the NW suburbs of chi-town, bout 45 minutes out.
Turbo the bitch and swap 5 speed. My car is pretty but has automatic but when I turbo'd it it felt so much better. Next is 5 speed swap. Probably when I get stationed somewhere that I don't need my car then I will send it to somewhere like concept illusions and have them do it.

I've considered that sooo many times, and to be honest I'm still torn between what to do.

I know that turbocharging my auto and then swapping a 5spd would end up costing me a pretty penny on a car that, by that time, would probably have close to 100k miles. I really want to do this in one side of my head, because my car's exterior is practically mint and overall it just looks great and I'm in love with it. Plus its my daily driver for now. So my alternate plan is to keep this car as my daily driver and cruise car (its awesome, I always get complements on the color(red) and the tires), and buy a manual eclipse for dirt cheap and then turbo it, figure save me some headache and money in the long run, and ensure I don't get any downtime when I screw something up

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

damaged rims (thanks arby's) pics [View all] , EclipseSix, Feb-02-06 11:48 AM
  RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), WIDECLIPSE, Feb-02-06 11:52 AM, #1
RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), 95_ESi_Person, Feb-02-06 07:44 PM, #2
      RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), EclipseSix, Feb-03-06 12:54 PM, #3
           RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), eclpsmoneypit95, Feb-03-06 02:21 PM, #4
                RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), VTECKILLER, Feb-03-06 04:03 PM, #5
                RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), destruckeclipse, Feb-03-06 06:49 PM, #6
                     RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), 95_ESi_Person, Feb-03-06 07:47 PM, #7
                RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), EclipseSix, Feb-03-06 09:07 PM, #8
                     RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), 95_ESi_Person, Feb-03-06 11:11 PM, #9
                     RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), EclipseTenzoR, Feb-04-06 08:44 PM, #10
                          RE: damaged rims (thanks arby's), EclipseSix, Feb-05-06 03:29 AM #11

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #92270 Previous topic | Next topic