Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103968
View in linear mode

Subject: "aftermarket spal power window motors slowing down?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Sep-04-09 11:17 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103968, "aftermarket spal power window motors slowing down?"

for those of you that have done a spal power window kit install, have you noticed your motors slowing down after a couple years? i think mine have been on there at least 5-6 years now. they're pretty damn slow now.

i'm assuming it's the motors getting old and not some electrical problem, but i could be wrong. i guess i'd have to power the motors direct from a battery to check?

i do have a bunch of "extras" installed in regards to the windows though. my alarm can send a momentary signal to roll them down (via a bunch of relays) when i push a button on my remote. on arming, the windows also autmatically roll-up. the auto roll-up uses a module that is triggered by a constant signal from the alarm upon arming. it detects closure by the voltage spike i believe. so yea there's a bunch of stuff between the motors and the battery.

have any of you guys noticed a significant slow-down in your motors after a couple years?

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103968 Previous topic | Next topic