Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectaftermarket spal power window motors slowing down?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=103968
103968, aftermarket spal power window motors slowing down?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for those of you that have done a spal power window kit install, have you noticed your motors slowing down after a couple years? i think mine have been on there at least 5-6 years now. they're pretty damn slow now.

i'm assuming it's the motors getting old and not some electrical problem, but i could be wrong. i guess i'd have to power the motors direct from a battery to check?

i do have a bunch of "extras" installed in regards to the windows though. my alarm can send a momentary signal to roll them down (via a bunch of relays) when i push a button on my remote. on arming, the windows also autmatically roll-up. the auto roll-up uses a module that is triggered by a constant signal from the alarm upon arming. it detects closure by the voltage spike i believe. so yea there's a bunch of stuff between the motors and the battery.

have any of you guys noticed a significant slow-down in your motors after a couple years?
I generated this page in 0.0093178749084473 seconds, executing 7 queries.