Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6120
View in linear mode

Subject: "LSD's...any comments?" Previous topic | Next topic
Vandy420aSep-30-03 02:25 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6120, "LSD's...any comments?"

Ok i'm planning on doing a turbo swap over the summer and I've got the money right now to do both an LSD and a turbo, I think. 2 questions...is a green w/no LSD that much better than a big 16g with one? i'm thinking i'm just going to do the green anyways, and not buy a 3rd turbo for teh car later on. I'm also assuming that

a) It probably isn't worth it to install the LSD myself if I can find someone to do it for under 300, as I'd have to wait 9 months to do it and i'm extremely UN comfortable with the transmission

b) I'm planning on installing the green w/supporting mods all at once myself, assuming its not that much more difficult than a big 16g install. I will have several weeks to do this 9-5 if I have to over thesummer, as i'm military and recieve a consistent paycheck for inconsistent work hours over the summer.

I'm looking at the Quaife model, as its only 150 more than the Kaaz and its a completely new differential. I think the Kaaz is a clutch type that still uses the stock open diff, right? Anyone have any experience with any of these, or have a cheaper alternative that's just as or almost as good?

Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

LSD's...any comments? [View all] , Vandy420a, Sep-30-03 02:25 PM
  RE: LSD's...any comments?, L2RTSiAWD, Sep-30-03 02:34 PM, #1
RE: LSD's...any comments?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-30-03 03:58 PM, #2
      RE: LSD's...any comments?, TeamJeff_99gs, Sep-30-03 04:44 PM, #3
           RE: LSD's...any comments?, Vandy420a, Oct-01-03 03:05 PM, #4

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6120 Previous topic | Next topic