Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1974
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent)" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-14-05 08:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1981, "RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent)"
In response to In response to 6

Originally posted by Vandy420a
Thanks all!!...esp. for the quick answers! (too late to order tonight, but that was my fault for being stupid and forgetting my computer at work) I'm hoping satan has the assmebly handy, and i'm gonna try and do it this weekend. I re-read tony's horror story about his install, but hopefully mine won't be that rusted, although with all the salt they use around here with just the threat of snow i wouldn't be surprised. I am surprised, though, at how it seems to go away, then come back later that day...weird. Out of curiosity, what would happen if I just ignored it for like, ever? I fully plan on replacing it this weekend, but i'm just curious as to what kind of shenanigans would happen if I just left it alone for all eternity. Would the wheel eventually just sieze up, and the car go into a skid? Would the axle break a gear or piece inside the tranny? I assume that since I don't have a limited slip, one wheel would just skid and the other would get all the power, creating total high speed hilarity. We need to get someone on this, stat.

My CV boot was ripped all the way around and the joint was completely fucked.
It WILL break if you don't fix it and you will end up with an axle atacthed to the tranny and not attached to the wheel, which will basically allow it to flop around while it's spinning. I can't even imagine the damage it could cause to the car, esp the tranny.
Fix it! Do it ASAP.
Usually, they only click while making turns. I'd jack it up and check the boots for damage before buying an axle. Also, make sure wherever you buy it from has a core return. I brought mine back with the spindle still attached and the guy just looked at it and laughed as he handed me my cash back.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent) [View all] , Vandy420a, Jun-14-05 08:48 AM
  RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Hult250R, Jun-14-05 11:02 AM, #1
RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), eclipse_gs_1512, Jun-14-05 11:31 AM, #2
RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Remy, Jun-14-05 12:11 PM, #3
      RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), eclipse_gs_1512, Jun-14-05 12:48 PM, #5
RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Remy, Jun-14-05 12:11 PM, #4
      RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Vandy420a, Jun-14-05 01:48 PM, #6
           RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-05 08:37 PM #7
                RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Vandy420a, Jun-15-05 04:40 AM, #8
                     RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Vandy420a, Jun-15-05 09:49 AM, #9
                          RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), nordstrom, Jun-15-05 10:18 AM, #10
                          RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-15-05 09:25 PM, #15
                          RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), eclipse_gs_1512, Jun-15-05 11:58 AM, #11
                               RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Remy, Jun-15-05 01:47 PM, #12
                                    RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), eclipse_gs_1512, Jun-15-05 03:08 PM, #13
                                         RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Remy, Jun-15-05 05:13 PM, #14
                                              RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Vandy420a, Jun-17-05 04:22 AM, #16
                                                   RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-17-05 09:47 PM, #17
                                                        RE: Driver's side clicking (somewhat urgent), Vandy420a, Jun-18-05 06:16 AM, #18

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1974 Previous topic | Next topic