Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1179
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-24-05 07:03 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1183, "RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?"
In response to In response to 3

here is where i ran mine and i am pretty anal about a good location.

Looking from the inside at where the steering column exits the cabin. at the 2-oclock postion is roughly where i drilled mine though. I drilled 2 5/8 holes (5/8 hole saw) and used a cone grinding stone to smooth out the metal. this is double wall so you will need a deep grommet for the holes. Because there is a spongy material in between the layers i chose to creat a grommet with rtv. it came out very clean and professional looking if you are patient and clean with the RTV. On a N/T this is where the stock harness is so you can wire tie right to the factory harness for a clean appearance. I cant remember is the turbo harness is here as well. This is also a nice spot for securing wires under the dash and out of the way from harm.

Extreme caution needs to be used not to hit anything under the hood! (as tony said) i used a small drill bit to drill a pilot hole (with all obvious things removed) and see where my hole would come out under the hood so i new for sure i was clear of any harnesses or hoses.

On the turbo model you might also explore the pass side with the blower motor removed to see what kind of sweet spot might lay there.

As for amp power wire, right next to the shift cables there are some holes that have filler plates in them from the factory, that is one spot i have used in my daily 2gnt. Again i am not too sure if this spot is used already on the turbo model so please verify first.

Hopefully my choices can give you an idea.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall? [View all] , FlyinEsi, Oct-22-05 11:15 AM
  RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?, jsupetran, Oct-22-05 12:18 PM, #1
RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?, BigBald, Oct-23-05 03:22 PM, #2
      RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-23-05 04:56 PM, #3
           RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-24-05 07:03 AM #4
           RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?, BigBald, Oct-24-05 08:39 AM, #5
                RE: Where do you guys run your electronics through the firewall?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-24-05 08:42 AM, #6

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1179 Previous topic | Next topic