Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7282
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: BOV install question -" Previous topic | Next topic
RemyAug-11-06 01:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7287, "RE: BOV install question -"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by sentury111
All I know is that OBD2 controlled motors have a tighter hold on the engines performance due to extra sensors and more tightened regulations as to what you can do. Basically I want to replace the OBD2, that way I will properly be able to read 500 hp without problems. The stock MAF has a limit of around 450. Besides that I want to install a BOV that vents to the air. So getting back to the GM MAF, does that replace the OBD2 or work in conjuction. Or do I need a upgraded ECU to replace the OBD2? PS I have already purchased many of the BPUs and am tring to get fully informed and prepared for future upgrades. Time will tell as to what happens. I'm reading the posts and other dsm sites though not just asking questions. Thanks for looking out though.

You can vent your bov, however as Tony stated its not really recommended. Some people can get away with it and some people cant. What I mean by that is some cars react diffrent to this. For example, I run a tial Bov with a stock maf. Now I suffer from no effects while DD my car. I race with it on the street with no issues. A friend of mine has many issues. His car idles like shit. It sometimes would randomly die after he goes wot. This was all issues with the stock maf. Wants he went with the gm maf that all changed. Since you are new I would say just stick resirculating your bov for now.

If you want to replace ob2 then you have to remove the stock ecu all together and go with a standalone (aem ems , halteck ect ect). Other wise you cant replace ob2 period. You can use piggy back systems like safc or dsmlink. Now with dsmlink you can reach your goal of 500hp fairly easy. The stock maf is NOT limited to 450hp. Especially if you plan on running dsmlink you can make 500+ on the stock maf. Dsmlink has functions that allows the car to outflow what the stock maf can meter.

Gm Maf does not replace ob2. Gm Maf just uses a maf that can flow alot more air than the stock maf. But if you use this it has to be calibrated other wise the ecu thinks you are flowing way more air than you actually are and it starts alot of fuel. That becomes a huge headache when tuning. So if you go that route you would beed a gm 3bar map sensor to help you calibrate the Maft.

If i were you I would not worry about a gm3bar or maft no time soon. Just buy dsmlink and your bolt ons and go from there. It takes alot to get a car to 500hp. I dont care what mods you have, you cant just throw parts at a car and think you will make power. I know this from many dsms that I have tuned over the years.

Good Luck.

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

BOV install question - [View all] , sentury111, Aug-10-06 09:10 PM
  RE: BOV install question -, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-10-06 09:47 PM, #1
RE: BOV install question -, sentury111, Aug-10-06 10:35 PM, #2
      RE: BOV install question -, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-10-06 11:02 PM, #3
           RE: BOV install question -, sentury111, Aug-10-06 11:27 PM, #4
                RE: BOV install question -, Remy, Aug-11-06 01:31 AM #5
                     RE: BOV install question -, EclipseTical, Aug-11-06 06:28 AM, #6
                          RE: BOV install question -, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-11-06 07:35 PM, #7
                               RE: BOV install question -, ScreaminE, Aug-12-06 03:33 AM, #8
                               RE: BOV install question -, 97eclipse97, Aug-15-06 07:42 AM, #9

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7282 Previous topic | Next topic