Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #35754
View in linear mode

Subject: "KaptainMyke is in fact stranded in Austin." Previous topic | Next topic
KaptainMykeSep-14-08 05:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#35804, "KaptainMyke is in fact stranded in Austin."
In response to In response to 25
Sep-14-08 05:19 PM by KaptainMyke

APparently, I am stranded. I got one more day to check out of this hotel and I'm out of money.

I sent this email to an undisclosed interested party that helps my family and business out when we are in need....

How are you and your family dealing with all this? Do you have food and gas? Are you prepared for 2-3 weeks?

Everyone's telling us to stay where we are. Jennifer's friend in Sugarland texted they have no gas, 8 hrs wait for gas lines, generator is out of gas, can only run at night...cell phone is about to die, etc... it's like the entire city has shut down completely.

Other friends report outages of meat in restaurants, HEB grocery shopping in the dark no electricity, with cash and paper receipts...gas pumps not working with no electricity...etc.

Tomorow morning is our check out date. I only have $300 to get us wherever we go, and I'm out. I have 2 options I guess....go to Arizona and stay with my parents or go to Arkansas and stay with her aunt or grandma. Either way, once we get there, we have run out of resources and I don't think either parents are in a position to really help out.

I'm soooo sorry about all of this. We are worried about you and everyone else there. This is truly amazing and unexpected. Everyone thought Houston was bulletproof because we don't have a weak levys, because we got 30 ft seawalls....etc.

This beats out Alicia and the great storm of 1900.

What do you think we should do? Keep staying here for $150 a night plus eating and gas? Or go elsewhere and stay with family? It might be a 2-3 week dilemna from what I'm expecting and hearing about.

I will do whichever action you think I should take for us.

Thanks,

-Mike

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com... [View all] , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-11-08 10:30 PM
  RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., AdministratorCODE4, Sep-11-08 11:19 PM, #1
RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., Moderatorteklein, Sep-12-08 01:48 AM, #2
      RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-12-08 02:08 AM, #3
           RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., Moderatorteklein, Sep-12-08 02:11 AM, #4
                RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Sep-12-08 02:59 AM, #5
                     RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., slowmitsu, Sep-12-08 06:01 AM, #6
                     RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., TeamDR1665, Sep-12-08 07:26 AM, #7
                          RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., soulcontroller, Sep-12-08 08:00 AM, #8
                               RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-12-08 12:17 PM, #9
                                    RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., freelancefool, Sep-12-08 03:21 PM, #10
                                         RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., ScreaminE, Sep-12-08 03:53 PM, #11
                                              RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., foggy45, Sep-12-08 04:07 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-12-08 04:14 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-12-08 10:12 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-12-08 10:49 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., freelancefool, Sep-13-08 03:06 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., Moderatorjuan, Sep-13-08 05:29 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-13-08 05:49 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., djtrickee, Sep-13-08 09:59 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-13-08 01:40 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-13-08 02:45 PM, #21
                                                                                                RE: Once upon a time, on 2gnt.com..., FlyinEsi, Sep-14-08 07:31 AM, #22
                                                                                                     kaptainmyke is okay, call off the rescue teams!, KaptainMyke, Sep-14-08 12:57 PM, #23
                                                                                                          another shot of wife's car, KaptainMyke, Sep-14-08 01:04 PM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: another shot of wife's car, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-14-08 03:20 PM, #25
                                                                                                                    KaptainMyke is in fact stranded in Austin., KaptainMyke, Sep-14-08 05:18 PM #26
                                                                                                                         RE: KaptainMyke is in fact stranded in Austin., ScreaminE, Sep-14-08 05:32 PM, #27
                                                                                                                              RE: KaptainMyke is in fact stranded in Austin., Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-15-08 05:08 AM, #28
                                                                                                                                   RE: KaptainMyke is in fact stranded in Austin., TeamDR1665, Sep-15-08 07:30 AM, #29
                                                                                                                                        trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, KaptainMyke, Sep-15-08 07:44 AM, #30
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, KaptainMyke, Sep-15-08 07:45 AM, #31
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, TeamDR1665, Sep-15-08 12:06 PM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, lild14, Sep-15-08 12:35 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, KaptainMyke, Sep-15-08 04:17 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, ez, Sep-15-08 05:22 PM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, TeamDR1665, Sep-16-08 06:05 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, totaleclipse_05, Sep-16-08 08:54 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, KaptainMyke, Sep-16-08 03:44 PM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-17-08 04:33 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, NCHRGE, Sep-17-08 06:31 AM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, KaptainMyke, Sep-17-08 12:03 PM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, Moderator992gnt, Sep-18-08 01:05 PM, #42
                                                                                                                                             photo: me on Oprah's couch, KaptainMyke, Sep-18-08 04:16 PM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-19-08 02:49 AM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, KaptainMyke, Sep-19-08 03:17 AM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-20-08 01:46 PM, #46

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #35754 Previous topic | Next topic