Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2507
View in linear mode

Subject: "Now I know how it feels like...." Previous topic | Next topic
Weezle745Feb-05-06 06:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2507, "Now I know how it feels like...."

Had my car finally broken into. They broke and shattered my back window.

I live in a nicer part of town and never had any issues leaving my car in the driveway. I have an expensive headunit that stays there all the time. However, I left my bosses brand new AMD 64bit computer in the back on the floor. Only reason I left it there is because I was taking it back to work in the morning and my windows are tinted PITCH black, no one would ever see it even if they tried. They stole that and a new $150 ASUS socket 939 motherboard that was going in.

Tell me what you guys think....

So earlier that night I had gone to my bosses home to pick up his computer (lives 10 mintues from me). We put it into the backseat of my car and I was going to work on it in the morning at work (He wouldn't be in till later that day).

So then I left his home and came to my home and left it in the backseat with the new motherboard and upgraded processor still in the box.

At 4am I get awakened by my dad telling me that my alarm went off and that the light was on in my car. THIS WAS THE WORST FEELING IVE EVER HAD WAKING UP!! We both go downstairs and see glass ALL OVER the place. Only the backwindow is shattered and guess what? The computer and motherboard are missing.

My $400 stereo is STILL there!
So is my $299 IPOD
The processor (AMD 64 - 3500) $189 is still there!

Everything in perfect place except the computer and motherboard. It is so weird because only the back window was broken and you can not see ANYTHING in the back!!! Even in the daytime its almost impossible. Then on the other side of the car you can see a hand print that looked like they were wiping away the morning dew to try and look in.

Question now: Do you think I was followed from my bosses home? How would anyone know I had a computer in the back seat? Why would they break the back window be the only window they break when I have an expensive headunit in perfect view of the front windows (Not so tinted)?

I HATE THIEVES! They screw everything up for you over a stupid computer! I had to buy a new window and took a few hours to clean up all the glass. It was EVERYWHERE!

Sorry had to vent.

Any opinions appreciated on why my car was targeted.

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Now I know how it feels like.... [View all] , Weezle745, Feb-05-06 06:30 PM
  RE: Now I know how it feels like...., Ryan97EclipseRS, Feb-05-06 06:58 PM, #1
RE: Now I know how it feels like...., Blizare, Feb-06-06 12:09 AM, #2
      RE: Now I know how it feels like...., cougar694u, Feb-06-06 03:48 AM, #3
           RE: Now I know how it feels like...., jsupetran, Feb-06-06 04:14 AM, #4
                RE: Now I know how it feels like...., 96rs-t, Feb-06-06 04:58 AM, #5
                     RE: Now I know how it feels like...., whodatt1, Feb-06-06 05:04 AM, #6
                     RE: Now I know how it feels like...., saikou, Feb-06-06 06:20 AM, #7
                          RE: Now I know how it feels like...., BlackMagic, Feb-06-06 06:40 AM, #8
                               RE: Now I know how it feels like...., Weezle745, Feb-07-06 10:38 AM, #9
                                    RE: Now I know how it feels like...., BlackMagic, Feb-07-06 10:39 AM, #10
                                    RE: Now I know how it feels like...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-07-06 10:43 AM, #11
                     RE: Now I know how it feels like...., youkickedmydog, Feb-07-06 02:58 PM, #12

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2507 Previous topic | Next topic