Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9483
View in linear mode

Subject: "strut/spring install problems ??HELP" Previous topic | Next topic
proDMDMay-20-02 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9483, "strut/spring install problems ??HELP"

ok this is my second weekend trying to get my new suspension in..I have eibach prokit and KYB AGX...well im using the write-up from the home page and I cant get the first nut off...its driving me crazy...last week I ended up putting in my brembo and master metal pads and had no problem.. Its the nut that holds the swaybar link to the damper fork you need a 14mm cresent and 14mm socket...I already tried to jack up the suspension to get pressure off the sway bar...I have already stripped the nut for the crescent wrench! I can get the bolt to spin around but cant get the nut free..I cant seem to get enough force with the crescent wrench to hold when I start turning with the socket wrench..and yes I have a good breaker bar..and yes I used lots of wd40..would liquid wrench work better? I want to know if Im taking this nut off correctly? TIA

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

strut/spring install problems ??HELP [View all] , proDMD, May-20-02 05:01 AM
  RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, The1Bill, May-20-02 07:11 AM, #1
RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, TeamXtremeRS, May-20-02 09:41 AM, #2
RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, The1Bill, May-20-02 03:06 PM, #3
      RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, proDMD, May-20-02 04:35 PM, #4
           RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, espilcEGS, May-22-02 02:04 AM, #5
                RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, proDMD, May-22-02 04:16 AM, #6
                     RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, espilcEGS, May-23-02 12:55 AM, #7
                          RE: strut/spring install problems ??HELP, proDMD, May-23-02 04:55 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9483 Previous topic | Next topic