Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6934
View in linear mode

Subject: "sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..." Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamFeb-20-02 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6934, "sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."

ok.. im not sure if anyone else suffers from this or even has yet to really realize it, but for some reason my car has been saggin in the rear since i have put my box in(2 10in subs) and also the spare tire is back there.. ok i have always noticed it had sat a little lower than the rest of the car.. so i supposed that when i put in my new springs and shocks it would fix this.. well i didnt.. still sags some.. the setup is prokits with illuminas.. did the work myself with some help of others. i mean i could tell it was a little lower right after i was done.. it seems so low that i can barely get 1 finger in there while on the front i can barlely get 2.. so i was hoping that someone out there knew more about this or was having the same problem, and so we can all determine a fix or what's not.. now the only weird thing about the install that i remember was that when i was putting the springs on the strut and puttin everything back together there was about 1/2 - 1 in of free play where the spring was not even compressed. everything was nice and tight as far as bolts, but yet the spring could be moved around freely.. weird i thought but i thought.. well probably normal or soemthing.. i dont think i got the wrong set of springs, but i guess its possible.. any input is appriciated..

thanks

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks... [View all] , iamnotwhoiam, Feb-20-02 05:23 PM
  RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., John99RS, Feb-20-02 05:30 PM, #1
RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., optimuspeterson, Feb-20-02 05:51 PM, #2
      RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., 1TuffRS, Feb-21-02 02:05 AM, #3
           RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-21-02 02:15 AM, #4
                RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., PowerEclipses, Feb-21-02 01:59 PM, #5
                     RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., damasta, Feb-21-02 02:42 PM, #6
                          RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., 1TuffRS, Feb-22-02 05:04 AM, #7
                               RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-22-02 05:20 AM, #8
                                    RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., Thunderous_Talon, Feb-22-02 06:31 AM, #9
                                         RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-22-02 07:08 AM, #10
                                              RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-23-02 08:02 AM, #11
                                                   RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., Amish_Eclipse, Feb-24-02 11:00 AM, #12
                                                        RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., koolade9, Feb-24-02 12:21 PM, #13
                                                             RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-24-02 02:02 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., RAIZIN, Feb-26-02 11:57 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Mar-01-02 07:36 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6934 Previous topic | Next topic