Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6934
View in linear mode

Subject: "sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..." Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamFeb-20-02 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6934, "sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."

ok.. im not sure if anyone else suffers from this or even has yet to really realize it, but for some reason my car has been saggin in the rear since i have put my box in(2 10in subs) and also the spare tire is back there.. ok i have always noticed it had sat a little lower than the rest of the car.. so i supposed that when i put in my new springs and shocks it would fix this.. well i didnt.. still sags some.. the setup is prokits with illuminas.. did the work myself with some help of others. i mean i could tell it was a little lower right after i was done.. it seems so low that i can barely get 1 finger in there while on the front i can barlely get 2.. so i was hoping that someone out there knew more about this or was having the same problem, and so we can all determine a fix or what's not.. now the only weird thing about the install that i remember was that when i was putting the springs on the strut and puttin everything back together there was about 1/2 - 1 in of free play where the spring was not even compressed. everything was nice and tight as far as bolts, but yet the spring could be moved around freely.. weird i thought but i thought.. well probably normal or soemthing.. i dont think i got the wrong set of springs, but i guess its possible.. any input is appriciated..

thanks

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., John99RS, Feb-20-02 05:30 PM, #1
RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., optimuspeterson, Feb-20-02 05:51 PM, #2
      RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., 1TuffRS, Feb-21-02 02:05 AM, #3
           RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-21-02 02:15 AM, #4
                RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., PowerEclipses, Feb-21-02 01:59 PM, #5
                     RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., damasta, Feb-21-02 02:42 PM, #6
                          RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., 1TuffRS, Feb-22-02 05:04 AM, #7
                               RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-22-02 05:20 AM, #8
                                    RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., Thunderous_Talon, Feb-22-02 06:31 AM, #9
                                         RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-22-02 07:08 AM, #10
                                              RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-23-02 08:02 AM, #11
                                                   RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., Amish_Eclipse, Feb-24-02 11:00 AM, #12
                                                        RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., koolade9, Feb-24-02 12:21 PM, #13
                                                             RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-24-02 02:02 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., RAIZIN, Feb-26-02 11:57 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..., Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Mar-01-02 07:36 AM, #16

John99RSFeb-20-02 05:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#6935, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 0

Mine sat slightly lower in the front until I put my speaker enclosure in the hatch....now it sits even. I have Prokits on Tokicos(blues).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

optimuspetersonFeb-20-02 05:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6936, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 1

i'm 99% positive that the front and rear wheel fenders aren't the same height. the rear are usually a lot bigger do to the fact the the wheels have to turn and go over bumps at the same time. thats why i decided to get coilovers (among other reasons). I didn't like how in my old accord that the wheel well was so much closer to the tire in the rear than it was in the front.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

1TuffRSFeb-21-02 02:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#6937, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 2

mine is the same way, but its not that big of a difference in the front and rear (barely one finger in back and like 1 and a half in front). On a whole though the front still sits lower than the back and gives the car a raked appearance.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

iamnotwhoiamFeb-21-02 02:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#6938, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 3

i need to get a good pic so that i can determine if im going mad or not btw. i really dig your car 1tuffrs.. looks so sweet with those rims.. all in all it just seem so weird that with the pro kit the rear appears to be so low that i would need to roll the fenders to be safe, but yet i wonder how bad the sportlines would be compared to how low it went with prokits..

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

PowerEclipsesFeb-21-02 01:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#6939, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 4

and think, those rims are stock?!?! haha

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

damastaFeb-21-02 02:42 PM
Member since Dec 16th 2001
302 posts,
#6940, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 5

They aren't stock on an RS.

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

1TuffRSFeb-22-02 05:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#6941, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 6

hehe, thanks guys!! I dont have any pics of my ride from the side, well I do, but its on a hill and you cant really see the "raked" appearance that i was talking about

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

iamnotwhoiamFeb-22-02 05:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#6942, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 7

im glad im not alone in this.. i gues this is common with lowering and such.. kinda makes me mad, cause id rather the rear be a bit higher looking than the front. i also didnt realize how much of a drop this was gonig to be.. grrr

the front looks perfect for the drop.. while the rear looks like crap with my stock rims.. well not that bad, but a little weird in my eyes.

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

Thunderous_TalonFeb-22-02 06:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#6943, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 8

hence the reason i am a big fan of H&R springs.... Sports are 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in the rear. Race are 2in in the front and 1.75 in the rear. on my car the rear end sits higher then the front

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

iamnotwhoiamFeb-22-02 07:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#6944, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 9

you know i was going to go with the H&R's too... and now im very much contemplating getting them after having to deal with dese pro-kits that everyone likes so much.. of course that means taking these off and finding a way to come up with $200+ to get the other ones and selling these and all dis crap.. maybe ill just make do and deal with it.. or might have to go with and idea of mine i was thinking.. }> we shall see.

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-23-02 08:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6945, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 10

you could always put the stock springs back on in the rear.... I guarantee it WILL be higher

-Tony 98'GST
eclipzgst@charter.net

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Amish_EclipseFeb-24-02 11:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#6946, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 11

two facts. most cars come stock lower in the front than the rear. this is for better braking. second, most lowering springs are set to drop the rear more than the front. soo if you just installed them i would check and see you put the heavier springs in the front and not the rear. if you installed properly you should be sitting about level.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

koolade9Feb-24-02 12:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6947, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 12

my only explanation would be that when eibach designed that spring kit, they didn't plan on their users haveing 12s in the trunk, or anything else for that matter.

iamnotwhoiamFeb-24-02 02:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#6948, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 13

from doing some more research and talking to a few people.. i have determined that i got a bad set of rear springs.. the drop too big in the back for the pro-kits.. so im going to talk to the people i got the springs from and or eibach themselves about getting some replacements..

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

RAIZINFeb-26-02 11:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6949, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 14

Mine did the same shit before with Eibach springs... reason why I swapped to Vspecs... but I hate coilovers for eclipses.. none of them ride well. I might just end up getting the H&Rs too.

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Mar-01-02 07:36 AM

#6950, "RE: sagging in the rear... just installed new springs/shocks..."
In response to Reply # 15

my car sits lower in the rear than the front too. (Sprint Kit)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6934 Previous topic | Next topic