Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6283
View in threaded mode

Subject: "KYB AGX mystery unfolded..." Previous topic | Next topic
jdpilotJan-31-02 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6283, "KYB AGX mystery unfolded..."

I sported the AGX a year ago. When I received them I put them on with OBX coilovers (which were tight with stock struts). I had the problem everyone else has with these. The car sat high, and I knocked the perches off myself ( The AGX is knock off not grind off, they are spot welded in three spots ). Then I drove the car, oh boy, talk about a bucking bronco! The front bounced insane ( and I did trim the bumpstops ) I got the 800# from summit for KYB. The technician was very nice. He admited the KYBs for 95+ were designed for the japanese Galant and not on the american eclipse frame. He stated the rears were fine. A replacement set would be in production in 6 mos. So I called summit. They gave me full credit towards some Koni adjustables and I ordered some Intrax springs as well. I canned the coils and am so much happier with the ride/drop. Point to the story, KYB sucks do not buy them for our year vehicle, Summit is the shizznit. They have the best customer service out there...nuff said...jd

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Teameclipse804Jan-31-02 03:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6284, "RE: KYB AGX mystery unfolded..."
In response to Reply # 0

Road Race has been saying that about the KYB AGX fronts since day one. The design of the front AGX gives you one inch LESS travel than stock. So with a 2" drop, with the AGX, it's equivalent to a 3" drop since you loose a lot of essential suspension travel. That's why RRE doesn't recommend AGX for 2g eclipses for the front (it's on their site).

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

proDMDJan-31-02 06:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#6285, "RE: KYB AGX mystery unfolded..."
In response to Reply # 1

I already have KYB AGX shocks and eibach prokit that I plan to have put on in the summer. I have a 97rs will I have a problem with the front AGX?

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

HadesOmegaJan-31-02 07:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#6286, "RE: KYB AGX mystery unfolded..."
In response to Reply # 2

Well I'll say this AGXs are much better than stockers. Haha everyone sez my car isn't lowered when they look at it though. haha I can't complain I got them for like 1/2 the price on ebay. I'm happy with them though, the car doesn't bounce up and down only when the road is like really bumpy. The Damper control is excellent, I can tune the car for more or less oversteer. I've mated them with Skunk2 coilovers and I'm very happy with them. But yeah I heard the stroke is actually less than than the stock shox on our cars, so I'm guessing if you wanna slam your car they're a bad choice. I'm using 2.25" of what my coilovers will drop me so far and the ride is still good.

The AGX/Skunk2 combo is good for road racing and autocross also, because that's what I've been using them for. I've got footage of my car racing and it won't lean or roll for shit unless when I'm pulling some serious Gs.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6283 Previous topic | Next topic