Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6163
View in linear mode

Subject: "Better Traction for my '96 ESi???" Previous topic | Next topic
ExcessTalonESiJan-28-02 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6163, "Better Traction for my '96 ESi???"

Hey everyone,

I've got a '96 ESi and I have the HRC Stage 2 kit on right now running 5 psi. I plan to up it to about 7-8 for daily driving. I have HORRIBLE tracion right now with the tires I have...they are stock 16's all weather. I was wondering what I could do to get some traction out of my car?! Right now when I race I rev to about 3 grand and then drop the clutch and floor it...and I can spin all through first, all through second and part way into third.So what all would I need to get some tracton? I know I need better tires. Also, I was thinking of lowering my front end about 1 1/2" and my back end 1" - 1 1/2". Would the combination of lowering where I specified and some better tires help at all? Which kind of tires do all you turbo people recommend? Your help is GREATLY appreciated! TIA!

~Darby Ellis
2004 Mazda 6 Sedan w/auto-dimming mirror w/homelink and compass, Sportkit w/spoiler, Bose system upgrades

Formerly:

*'96 Eagle Talon ESi-T (TOTALED) = Mods: HRC Stage 2 turbokit / Pilot Motorsports Short Throw / Tokico Illuminas (5 way externally adjustable) / Eibach Pro-Kit

*2003 Nissan Altima (stock)

AIM: ExcessTalonESi
E-Mail: JediDarby16@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Better Traction for my '96 ESi??? [View all] , ExcessTalonESi, Jan-28-02 03:30 PM
  RE: Better Traction for my '96 ESi???, HadesOmega, Jan-28-02 08:47 PM, #1
RE: Better Traction for my '96 ESi???, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-28-02 08:57 PM, #2
      RE: Better Traction for my '96 ESi???, ExcessTalonESi, Jan-29-02 03:16 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6163 Previous topic | Next topic