Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3858
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Auto Cross Suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaNov-01-01 04:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3862, "RE: Auto Cross Suspension"
In response to In response to 3

Well first thing you want do to prepare your suspension is to try and get rid of understeer. Understeer is your enemy in autox because we use the FF drivetrain. When you turn the wheel the car doens't imediately go where you want to go. They say a good thing to do is to take off your front sway bar and leave the back swaybar in there, so you get mad oversteer. That way the back will whip around a corner easily. it might make you spin out though Also if you have adjustable dampening make the front softer than the back, it'll also give you more oversteer.

Haha I shouldn't be the one to give advice though, hehe I erm always get last place autox. With all the racing technique I've learned I still can't pull off a good time.

Grrr it's gonna eat you up!
AFX Pulley | Autometer Bezel Gauge Holder | Modified A/F Ratio Gauge | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings | JAZ Oil Catchcan | 3" Magnaflow Muffler | 3" Car Sound Catalytic Converter | 3" Downpipe-back piping | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS Standard Blow off Valve | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Starion Front Mount Intercooler | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |
Performance b4 Lookz, a car can only be as fast as it's driver! ^_^

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Auto Cross Suspension [View all] , Jen, Nov-01-01 10:40 AM
  RE: Auto Cross Suspension, ModeratorVX100, Nov-01-01 11:52 AM, #1
RE: Auto Cross Suspension, Moderatorjuan, Nov-01-01 02:16 PM, #2
RE: Auto Cross Suspension, Kory, Nov-01-01 03:01 PM, #3
      RE: Auto Cross Suspension, HadesOmega, Nov-01-01 04:27 PM #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3858 Previous topic | Next topic